Production and Operations Management
₱1,499.00 + VAT
Featured Speaker: Dr. Enrico C. Mina
TQM & Supply Management Consultant
October 29, 2021
9:00am – 12:00nn
Regular Rate Php 1,499.00 + VAT starting October 23, 2021
Early Bird Rate Php 1,399.00 + VAT until October 22, 2021
Group Rate Php 1,299.00 + VAT per pax for 5 – 14 pax
Super Group Rate Php 1,099.00 + VAT per pax for 15 or more pax
Inclusive of the Webinar Session, Presentation Materials of the Speaker and the Digital Certificate
Production and Operations Management
All business firms exist to serve the needs and expectations of people or organizations that they have identified as customers. Satisfying customer requirements to a high degree, while charging a competitive price, provides value for money and leads to sales revenues. Maintaining such value for money over time results in customer loyalty and repeat patronage, which is the basis for business growth, market share, and profitability. Satisfying customer needs and expectations is achieved through the provision of products (for manufacturing businesses) and services (for service businesses). Producing these products or rendering these services with effectiveness (the right products/services customers desire) and efficiency (with the most productive use of scarce resources) is the primary objective of production and operations management.
POM is at the very heart of achieving the organization’s primary mission. It must predictably transform inputs (such as materials and components, labor, supplies, machining, information, and the environment) in products/services that recipients (i.e., customers) find beneficial and for which they are therefore willing to pay. This is a complex undertaking requiring the coordinated functioning of the different but interacting and interdependent components of the production and operations process. This course discusses the basics of production and operations management.
At the end of this course, the participants would have been able to:
1. Explain what production and operations management is and what it can contribute to the better management of business and not-for-profit organizations
2. Understand and appreciate the importance of processes and the six elements that interact with one another to make them operational
3. Describe and explain the key operational concepts, principles, and theories that have been found to work and have great potential in helping production and operations managers to make sound, rational decisions that satisfy customer needs, wants, and expectations in an efficient and environmentally sustainable way.
4. Adopt a total-system view of an organization’s upstream and downstream supply chains and identify the key factors for their successful and sustainable integration and coordination
5. Explain the triple bottom line philosophy that is becoming more accepted in POM
This course is intended for operations managers, plant managers, procurement managers, distribution managers, CEOs or business owners, and corporate planners.
A. The principal purpose of a business
B. Customer requirements
C. What is a process?
D. Role of processes
E. Process elements
2. Process management
A. Process Muda (waste)
B. Process analysis using flowcharts
C. Process revision
3. Design of products and services
A. The product/service development flow
B. Preventing problems upstream rather than solving them downstream
C. Preferring the simple to the complex
D. Product quality dimensions
4. Service quality
A. The differences between products and services
B. The Service Triangle
C. Service gaps
D. Dimensions of service quality
5. Total Quality Management in operations
A. Kaizen (continuous improvement)
B. 5S Housekeeping and its value in operations
C. Lean manufacturing
D. Poka-yoke (zero defects by mistake-proofing the process)
E. Lean Six-Sigma Quality
6. Managing the Upstream Supply Chain
B. The tiers of upstream suppliers
C. Identifying, qualifying, and selecting supply partners
D. Establishing new and modern procurement practices
1. Frequent (even daily) delivery according to an advance schedule
2. Treating procurement and supply management as strategic, not merely operational
3. Conduct ABC Classification of procured items
4. Rationalizing the supply base by reducing the number of suppliers per item
5. Organize suppliers into a tiered structure
6. Establish long-term partnerships with high quality and reliable suppliers
7. Continuously share information with suppliers
8. Establishing clear, specific, measurable, and time-bound performance standards for suppliers and giving each regular data-based feedback
9. Engaging in supplier development if there are lapses in Tier 1 (or even Tier 2) supplier performance
10. Rewarding high-performing suppliers with awards and assurance of future business
11. Entering into long-term supply contracts with high-performing, reliable suppliers
12. Instituting automated reordering to replenish fast-moving items without overstocking
13. Instituting Vendor Managed Inventory for suppliers that provide a large number of critical inputs
14. Examining the possibility of Third-Party Logistics
15. Working even with authorized distributors and agents, instead of insisting of dealing directly with manufacturers of inputs
16. Treating key suppliers as valuable members of new product design and development teams
17. Engaging in development of SME suppliers that show a serious willingness to improve performance
18. Organizing suppliers into a suppliers’ association whose members practice mutual learning through benchmarking and sharing of best practices
19. Avoiding in-house production of inputs that can be produced better, cheaper, faster, and with better support service by external suppliers
7. Inventory Management
A. Function of inventory
B. Cost of keeping inventory
C. Keep inventory as low as possible and as high as necessary
D. Watch out for non-moving, slow-moving, and perishable/obsolescent inventory
E. Manage your warehouses to protect the items, keep them properly stored, clearly identify their location, and make retrieval easy and convenient, while maintaining safety
8. Managing Out-bound Logistics (Distribution)
A. Function: bringing the products/service closer to the customers, or where the customers prefer to buy
B. Designing the distribution channels
1. Direct selling
2. Two-channel Distribution
3. Three-channel Distribution
9. Maintenance Management
A. The need for maintenance
B. Equipment performance dimensions
2. Quality yield
4. Overall Equipment Effectiveness
5. Advantages of Planned Maintenance vs. Breakdown and Repair
C. Maintenance recordkeeping and scheduling
D. Maintenance metrics
1. Mean Time Between Failures (MTBF)
2. Mean Time to Repair (MTTR)
10. Managing operational risks
A. Identification of things that can potentially go wrong
B. Identification of the causes of these potential problems
C. Identification of both the probability and the seriousness of these potential problems
D. Institution of preventive actions to reduce the probability of occurrence
E. Institution of contingent actions to reduce the seriousness of the impact (including the identification of the trigger that will activate the contingent actions)
F. Integration into a Risk Management Plan that must be reviewed and updated at least annually
11. The Triple Bottom Line
A. Economic performance
B. Social responsibility
C. Environmental stewardship
This course can be held online over a three-hour period (9:00 AM – 12:00 NN).
RESOURCE SPEAKER: Dr. Enrico C. Mina
- Dr. Enrico C. Mina is an Associate Professor of the Ateneo de Manila University Graduate School of Business, who teaches various economics and business management courses. He has had 27 years of teaching experience, the bulk of which was at the post-graduate level at the AGSB. Dr. Mina returned three years ago from a three-year teaching engagement as Senior Lecturer at the Department of Business Studies of the Papua New Guinea University of Technology at Lae City, Morobe Province, Papua New Guinea. While there, he taught courses in basic economics and management and acted as the Director of the Executive MBA Program, which he helped conceptualize and design and in which he taught six courses.
- Dr. Mina also has extensive experience in the business world as manager, consultant, and trainer, particularly in the areas of Total Quality Management and kaizen (continuous improvement), operations and supply chain management, and strategic management.
- Dr. Mina is a faculty member as well at the Ateneo School of Government, teaching Applied Economics in the Public Sector. At the same time, he teaches MBA courses at the Ateneo School of Medicine and Public Health, whose curriculum seamlessly integrates medical science and management.
- He has written and published several research papers and original cases. While at PNG University of Technology, he wrote a textbook entitled Introduction to Economics for use by the university’s Department of Open and Distance Learning’s Adult Matriculation Program. He has also been the adviser of the Governance Innovation Report (equivalent to a masteral thesis) of 24 students at the Ateneo School of Government.
- Dr. Mina obtained his Doctor of Business Administration (DBA) degree from De La Salle University-Manila in 2011, his MBA from the Ateneo Graduate School of Business in 1979, and two undergraduate degrees (AB major in Economics and BSBA major in Management, Summa cum Laude) from De La Salle University-Manila in 1973.
We can conduct in-house training for the above program, Production and Operations Management, for your company to make it more customized to your requirements. Likewise, we can run other programs on Supply Chain Management.
In the same vein, with our battery of seasoned Filipino trainers or speakers, training consultants and facilitators, we can conduct other employee development programs for your people configured to your preferences:
HUMAN RESOURCE or HR
- Basic and Advanced HR
- Recruitment or Talent Selection
- Training or Learning and Development
- Job Evaluation
- Employee Compensation and Benefits
- Labor Law 101
- Flexible Work Arrangements
- Company Policy
- Employee Discipline
- Administrative Hearing
- Job Contracting
- Basic Taxation
- All About VAT
- Withholding Taxes
- Tax Assessment
- Percentage Tax
- Legal Strategies to Reduce Tax
- Handling B.I.R. Audit
- Employee Benefits Tax
- Basic Accounting and Bookkeeping
- Understanding Financial Statements
- Strengthening Your Accounting Systems
- Internal Control
- Accounting for Non-Accountants
- Finance for Non-Financial Professionals
SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT
- Introduction to Materials Management
- Warehouse Management
- Inventory Planning and Control
- Modern Procurement
- Supply Management
LEADERSHIP, MANAGEMENT OR SUPERVISION
- Basic Leadership and Management Excellence
- Supervisory Leadership Development
- Developing Your Managerial Leadership
- How to Bring Out the Best in People
- Awaken the Sales Champion in You
- Professional Selling
- How to Handle Objections
- 39 Ways to Close More Sales
- Customer Service
- Telephone and Email Etiquette
- Top Techniques to improve Collection
- Work Attitude and Values Enhancement
POWERMAX WEBINARS. As a leading online corporate training provider in Manila, Philippines, Powermax currently offers live webinars which are designed to give you an incisive insight into a plethora of interesting and relevant topics using Zoom technology. It aims to uncork the latest updates, best practices, useful strategies, and tactics, and/or practical tips and techniques not just to widen your horizon but also to equip you with the essential knowledge and skills. Hopefully, this will also encourage you to register for the other webinars of Powermax. Just visit our site –www.powermax.ph to see our other webinars.
LIMITED SLOTS. Limited slots are available. To avoid last-minute delays and inconveniences, we advise you to please register at the latest two days or one day before the webinar event.
REGISTRATION. You must register or be registered by someone else to be able to join our webinars. Webinar access links are strictly sent through email therefore make sure you indicate the right email addresses for the participants. Please indicate how many participants you wish to include before hitting the REGISTER NOW button.
CHECK OUT. When you go to the Checkout Page, double-check the number of participants you have to register, if you change your mind or wish to make last-minute adjustments, do not forget to update your cart by clicking the UPDATE CART button. Once everything is final, you may now click the PROCEED TO CHECK OUT button.
BILLING DETAILS AND THE NAMES OF THE PARTICIPANTS. On the upper portion, you have to enter your details (esp. your email address) as the one paying for the registration. Underneath, you have to enter the details (esp. the email addresses) of the participants you wish to join the webinar.
POWERMAX provides three (3) payment options:
(1) Bank Deposit/Online Bank Transfer
(3) PayPal/Credit or Debit Card Through PayPal
Bank Deposit or Online Bank Transfer / G-Cash
If you choose Bank Deposit/Online Bank Transfer or G-Cash, you have to send the proof of payment to firstname.lastname@example.org.
IMPORTANT: Proof of payment must be sent to email@example.com. Failure to send the proof of payment to firstname.lastname@example.org means the participants will not receive the webinar links even if the proof of payment is sent to other contact details of Powermax or its representatives (e.g., Facebook, Messenger, Viber, other email addresses, etc.).
Payment Through PayPal
If you choose to pay for your registration using PayPal you may do so. Please take note that PayPal also accepts Debit Cards and Credit Cards bearing the VISA and Mastercard logo. Unlike the Bank Deposit/Online Bank Transfer, the PayPal process automatically updates our system to issue the participants their access to our webinars.
WEBINAR ACCESS LINKS. Once payment is made and verified, we can activate the spot on the webinar then we can send the webinar access links to the email addresses of the participants – this only goes with Bank Deposit/Online Bank Transfer / G-Cash. However, for payments made using PayPal, the activation process is automatic. Note that your webinar access link cannot be shared with anyone else. If you cannot attend on the date and time of the webinar kindly advise us at the latest one day ahead.
POWERMAX WEBINARS. As a leading corporate training provider, Powermax currently offers live webinars which are designed to give you an incisive insight into a plethora of interesting and relevant topics using Zoom technology. It aims to uncork the latest updates, best practices, useful strategies, and tactics, and/or practical tips and techniques not just to widen your horizon but also to equip you with the essential knowledge and skills. Hopefully, this will also encourage you to register for the other webinars of Powermax. Just visit our site –www.powermax.ph to see our other webinars.
A PLEASANT WEBINAR EXPERIENCE
To ensure a pleasant webinar experience, we recommend to registrants to:
- Download and install the Zoom application beforehand
- Ensure that there is a proper internet WIFI connection
- Use a working webinar streaming device.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Definition of Terms
- REGISTRANT – The person who has registered himself or other people for a webinar of Powermax
- ENROLLEE(S) – The person(s) registered by the REGISTRANT
- PAID REGISTRANT – The registrant who has paid in full for the registration of the ENROLLEE(S)
- ATTENDEE(S) – The enrollee(s) who has / have actually attended the webinar
- The Official Receipts will be made available for pick up at the office of
Powermax Consulting Group. If you need a soft copy, we can take a picture of it and send you a copy online. However, if you want the physical copy delivered to your office, you can arrange with and pay for a local courier service like Lalamove or Grab Express.
- Sharing of the presentation materials depends on the webinar speaker.
(a) Some speakers willingly share their materials while others don’t.
(b) For the speakers who are willing to share their presentation materials
- Some prefer that the materials be sent in advance while others prefer that they be sent after the webinar
- Some prefer that the handouts to be given to the attendees are different from the PowerPoint files that they use and will not share the PPT files
Powermax cannot guarantee that the presentation materials of each webinar will be shared, or shared in advance, or will be the same as the PPT file of the speaker.
- By joining the webinar of Powermax, you consent to interviews, photography, chat recording, audio recording, video recording and its / their release, publication, exhibition, or reproduction to be used for news, web casts, testimonials or promotional purposes, telecasts, advertising, inclusion on web sites, or for any other purpose(s) that Powermax, its vendors, partners, affiliates and/or representatives deems fit to use. You release Powermax, its officers and employees, and each and all persons involved from any liability connected with the taking, recording, digitizing, or publication of interviews, photographs, computer images, video and/or or sound recordings.
- Attendees are not allowed to do any form of video, image or audio recording during the webinar unless with the express permission of the speaker and the management of Powermax Consulting Group.
- By entering the event premises (conference venue or Zoom meeting platform), you waive all rights to any claims for payment or royalties in connection with any exhibition, streaming, webcasting, televising, or other publication of these materials, regardless of the purpose or sponsoring of such exhibiting, broadcasting, webcasting, or other publication irrespective of whether a fee for admission or sponsorship is charged. You also waive any right to inspect or approve any photo, video, or audio recording taken.
- Your registration fee entitles your enrollee(s) to a slot in a webinar you have paid for but no record of the video of the webinar will be shared.
- If an enrollee fails to join the webinar because Powermax fails to give the webinar link, the payment of his / her REGISTRANT will be refunded in full or if the REGISTRANT prefers, the payment will be rolled over to other webinars of his / her choice.
- If an enrollee advises Powermax five (5) days before the scheduled date of the webinar that he / she cannot attend it, the payment for that slot will be rolled over to another webinar. But if he / she avails of the presentation materials of that webinar (assuming the speaker has shared the materials), the payment cannot be rolled over to another webinar.
- If an enrollee fails to attend a webinar and also fails to advise Powermax five (5) days before the scheduled date of the webinar, the presentation materials of that webinar (assuming the speaker has shared the materials) will be given to him / her but there will be no option for rollover.
- If an enrollee fails to attend a webinar because of a technical glitch on his / her device but other enrollees manage to join the said webinar, there will be no liability on the part of Powermax unless it can be established that there is a clear fault by a representative of Powermax.
- Certificates will be given to the ATTENDEES only.
- Questions or clarifications about the subject matter of a webinar can only be entertained by the speakers during the holding of the webinar. After the webinar, the speaker cannot be obliged to answer them though email, Facebook chat or some other means.
- Unless asked by the speaker or the host to talk, the attendees should not unmute their microphone to avoid distracting the session. Anyone who persists in unmuting his / her audio, despite the reminder or warning, will be removed from the webinar session.
- During the webinar, the ATTENDEES are not allowed to advertise any business competitive with the business of Powermax (seminars / webinars / events) or its sister company AGFI or Advertising and Gaming Fabrication, Inc. (signages, kiosks, podiums, gaming modules like tambiolo, roleta, pachinko; sticker and tarpaulin printing; and laser cutting)
- We want everyone to enjoy the webinar. However, we reserve the right to remove participants whose company or business competes with the business of Powermax or who are unruly or disruptive (e.g., keeps making noise, spamming the chat, etc.) and no refund will be made.
Thank you and enjoy!
Keep safe and God Bless!
₱1,499.00 + VAT
Production and Operations Management
₱1,499.00 + VAT
There are no reviews yet.