Supply Chain Management
₱1,499.00 + VAT
Featured Speaker: Dr. Enrico C. Mina
TQM & Supply Management Consultant
October 22, 2021
9:00am – 12:00nn
Regular Rate Php 1,499.00 + VAT starting October 16, 2021
Early Bird Rate Php 1,399.00 + VAT until October 15, 2021
Group Rate Php 1,299.00 + VAT per pax for 5 – 14 pax
Super Group Rate Php 1,099.00 + VAT per pax for 15 or more pax
Inclusive of the Webinar Session, Presentation Materials of the Speaker and the Digital Certificate
Supply Chain Management
No modern company can possibly produce all its inputs (such as raw materials, components, supplies, and spare parts) internally. It has a network of upstream suppliers (both direct and indirect) that are specialized in producing needed items and services which it then buys. After production of its products, the company then needs to distribute its products (or provide its services) to its target customers, making sure that the goods are available when and where the customers want to buy and in the quantities that they want to buy at a price that they are willing to pay (which will cover all distribution-related costs).
Thus, a company faces the need for effective and efficient in-bound logistics (upstream supply) and out-bound logistics (downstream distribution), in addition to effective and efficient production operations at its own facilities. The combination of in-bound logistics, operations, and out-bound logistics (with the concomitant flows of information and funds) is called the supply chain and it is obviously a system with many interdependent and interacting parts; a failure in any one will disrupt operations. The management of this complex system to ensure that it can provide the ultimate customers with the products/services of the quality and quantity required, at the time and place they are required, at a competitive cost (and therefore price), and with the customer-desired after-sales service is called supply chain management. It is critical for achieving a superior competitive position (essential for market share and profitability) in the face of demanding customers and tough competition. Firms compete in their final consumer market not by themselves alone but with their entire supply chain behind them.
This course deals with the fundamentals of supply chain management.
At the end of this course, the participants would have been able to:
- Understand and appreciate the roles and importance of the different components of the supply chain and their interdependence and interaction
- Understand and appreciate the need to manage the supply chain as a total system, which should lead to behaviors and decisions that strengthen its cohesiveness and avoid those that weaken this
- Make strategic decisions that will facilitate the effective and efficient performance of their company’s supply chain
- Anticipate and address the risks that are inherent in every supply chain
This course is intended for operations managers, plant managers, procurement managers, distribution managers, CEOs or business owners, and corporate planners.
- What is a supply chain?
- What are its components?
- What function does it perform?
- What are its objectives or purposes?
- What competitive advantages does it bestow if properly managed?
2. The SCM Process
- Develop (Source)
3. SCM Process Flows
- Materials/products/services flow
- Information flow
- Money flow
4. SCM Flow Components
- Sourcing and procurement
- Transportation (in-bound and out-bound)
- Returns management
- After-sales service
5. SCM Phases
6. SCM Performance Measures
- Quantitative measures
- Non-quantitative measures
- Financial measures
7. Strategic Sourcing
- Classification of items using the Pareto Principle
- Supplier market assessment
- Supplier survey
- Building the strategy
- Selection and accreditation
- Communicating with new suppliers
- Supplier development
8. The Make vs. Buy Decision
- The business strategy
- Economic factors
9. Developing the Network
A. In-bound logistics
- Tier 1
- Tier 2
- Tier 3
B. Out-bound logistics
- Direct sales to customers
- One-level channel
- Two-level channel
10. Inventory Management
- Purpose of carrying inventory
- Carrying cost
- Capacity limitations
11. Pricing and Revenue Management
- Pricing for multiple customer segments
- Pricing for perishable goods
- Pricing for seasonal demand
- Pricing for bulk and spot demand
12. SCM Integration
- Push system
- Pull system
- Differences between push and pull systems
- Push and pull systems together
- Demand-driven strategies
13. Role of ICT
- Coordination of the chain components through fast and accurate sharing of information
- Barcode scanning and RFID
- Data warehousing
14. Assessing and Managing SCM Risks
- Upstream risks
- Production/operations risk
- Downstream risks
This course can be conducted online over a three-hour period (9:00 AM-12:00 NN).
The resource person is Dr. Enrico C. Mina, an Associate Professor at the Ateneo Graduate School of Business teaching Economics, Operations and Supply Chain Management, and Management Principles & Dynamics. He is both a management practitioner and academician, having had 24 years’ experience as a manager, trainer, and consultant and a cumulative 28 years as a part-time MBA professor.
RESOURCE SPEAKER: Dr. Enrico C. Mina
- Dr. Enrico C. Mina is an Associate Professor of the Ateneo de Manila University Graduate School of Business, who teaches various economics and business management courses. He has had 27 years of teaching experience, the bulk of which was at the post-graduate level at the AGSB. Dr. Mina returned three years ago from a three-year teaching engagement as Senior Lecturer at the Department of Business Studies of the Papua New Guinea University of Technology at Lae City, Morobe Province, Papua New Guinea. While there, he taught courses in basic economics and management and acted as the Director of the Executive MBA Program, which he helped conceptualize and design and in which he taught six courses.
- Dr. Mina also has extensive experience in the business world as manager, consultant, and trainer, particularly in the areas of Total Quality Management and kaizen (continuous improvement), operations and supply chain management, and strategic management.
- Dr. Mina is a faculty member as well at the Ateneo School of Government, teaching Applied Economics in the Public Sector. At the same time, he teaches MBA courses at the Ateneo School of Medicine and Public Health, whose curriculum seamlessly integrates medical science and management.
- He has written and published several research papers and original cases. While at PNG University of Technology, he wrote a textbook entitled Introduction to Economics for use by the university’s Department of Open and Distance Learning’s Adult Matriculation Program. He has also been the adviser of the Governance Innovation Report (equivalent to a masteral thesis) of 24 students at the Ateneo School of Government.
- Dr. Mina obtained his Doctor of Business Administration (DBA) degree from De La Salle University-Manila in 2011, his MBA from the Ateneo Graduate School of Business in 1979, and two undergraduate degrees (AB major in Economics and BSBA major in Management, Summa cum Laude) from De La Salle University-Manila in 1973.
We can conduct in-house training for the above program, Supply Chain Management, for your company to make it more customized to your requirements. Likewise, we can run other programs on Supply Chain Management.
In the same vein, with our battery of seasoned Filipino trainers or speakers, training consultants and facilitators, we can conduct other employee development programs for your people configured to your preferences:
HUMAN RESOURCE or HR
- Basic and Advanced HR
- Recruitment or Talent Selection
- Training or Learning and Development
- Job Evaluation
- Employee Compensation and Benefits
- Labor Law 101
- Flexible Work Arrangements
- Company Policy
- Employee Discipline
- Administrative Hearing
- Job Contracting
- Basic Taxation
- All About VAT
- Withholding Taxes
- Tax Assessment
- Percentage Tax
- Legal Strategies to Reduce Tax
- Handling B.I.R. Audit
- Employee Benefits Tax
- Basic Accounting and Bookkeeping
- Understanding Financial Statements
- Strengthening Your Accounting Systems
- Internal Control
- Accounting for Non-Accountants
- Finance for Non-Financial Professionals
SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT
- Introduction to Materials Management
- Warehouse Management
- Inventory Planning and Control
- Modern Procurement
- Supply Management
LEADERSHIP, MANAGEMENT OR SUPERVISION
- Basic Leadership and Management Excellence
- Supervisory Leadership Development
- Developing Your Managerial Leadership
- How to Bring Out the Best in People
- Awaken the Sales Champion in You
- Professional Selling
- How to Handle Objections
- 39 Ways to Close More Sales
- Customer Service
- Telephone and Email Etiquette
- Top Techniques to improve Collection
- Work Attitude and Values Enhancement
POWERMAX WEBINARS. As a leading online corporate training provider in Manila, Philippines, Powermax currently offers live webinars which are designed to give you an incisive insight into a plethora of interesting and relevant topics using Zoom technology. It aims to uncork the latest updates, best practices, useful strategies, and tactics, and/or practical tips and techniques not just to widen your horizon but also to equip you with the essential knowledge and skills. Hopefully, this will also encourage you to register for the other webinars of Powermax. Just visit our site –www.powermax.ph to see our other webinars.
LIMITED SLOTS. Limited slots are available. To avoid last-minute delays and inconveniences, we advise you to please register at the latest two days or one day before the webinar event.
REGISTRATION. You must register or be registered by someone else to be able to join our webinars. Webinar access links are strictly sent through email therefore make sure you indicate the right email addresses for the participants. Please indicate how many participants you wish to include before hitting the REGISTER NOW button.
CHECK OUT. When you go to the Checkout Page, double-check the number of participants you have to register, if you change your mind or wish to make last-minute adjustments, do not forget to update your cart by clicking the UPDATE CART button. Once everything is final, you may now click the PROCEED TO CHECK OUT button.
BILLING DETAILS AND THE NAMES OF THE PARTICIPANTS. On the upper portion, you have to enter your details (esp. your email address) as the one paying for the registration. Underneath, you have to enter the details (esp. the email addresses) of the participants you wish to join the webinar.
POWERMAX provides three (3) payment options:
(1) Bank Deposit/Online Bank Transfer
(3) PayPal/Credit or Debit Card Through PayPal
Bank Deposit or Online Bank Transfer / G-Cash
If you choose Bank Deposit/Online Bank Transfer or G-Cash, you have to send the proof of payment to firstname.lastname@example.org.
IMPORTANT: Proof of payment must be sent to email@example.com. Failure to send the proof of payment to firstname.lastname@example.org means the participants will not receive the webinar links even if the proof of payment is sent to other contact details of Powermax or its representatives (e.g., Facebook, Messenger, Viber, other email addresses, etc.).
Payment Through PayPal
If you choose to pay for your registration using PayPal you may do so. Please take note that PayPal also accepts Debit Cards and Credit Cards bearing the VISA and Mastercard logo. Unlike the Bank Deposit/Online Bank Transfer, the PayPal process automatically updates our system to issue the participants their access to our webinars.
WEBINAR ACCESS LINKS. Once payment is made and verified, we can activate the spot on the webinar then we can send the webinar access links to the email addresses of the participants – this only goes with Bank Deposit/Online Bank Transfer / G-Cash. However, for payments made using PayPal, the activation process is automatic. Note that your webinar access link cannot be shared with anyone else. If you cannot attend on the date and time of the webinar kindly advise us at the latest one day ahead.
POWERMAX WEBINARS. As a leading corporate training provider, Powermax currently offers live webinars which are designed to give you an incisive insight into a plethora of interesting and relevant topics using Zoom technology. It aims to uncork the latest updates, best practices, useful strategies, and tactics, and/or practical tips and techniques not just to widen your horizon but also to equip you with the essential knowledge and skills. Hopefully, this will also encourage you to register for the other webinars of Powermax. Just visit our site –www.powermax.ph to see our other webinars.
A PLEASANT WEBINAR EXPERIENCE
To ensure a pleasant webinar experience, we recommend to registrants to:
- Download and install the Zoom application beforehand
- Ensure that there is a proper internet WIFI connection
- Use a working webinar streaming device.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Definition of Terms
- REGISTRANT – The person who has registered himself or other people for a webinar of Powermax
- ENROLLEE(S) – The person(s) registered by the REGISTRANT
- PAID REGISTRANT – The registrant who has paid in full for the registration of the ENROLLEE(S)
- ATTENDEE(S) – The enrollee(s) who has / have actually attended the webinar
- The Official Receipts will be made available for pick up at the office of
Powermax Consulting Group. If you need a soft copy, we can take a picture of it and send you a copy online. However, if you want the physical copy delivered to your office, you can arrange with and pay for a local courier service like Lalamove or Grab Express.
- Sharing of the presentation materials depends on the webinar speaker.
(a) Some speakers willingly share their materials while others don’t.
(b) For the speakers who are willing to share their presentation materials
- Some prefer that the materials be sent in advance while others prefer that they be sent after the webinar
- Some prefer that the handouts to be given to the attendees are different from the PowerPoint files that they use and will not share the PPT files
Powermax cannot guarantee that the presentation materials of each webinar will be shared, or shared in advance, or will be the same as the PPT file of the speaker.
- By joining the webinar of Powermax, you consent to interviews, photography, chat recording, audio recording, video recording and its / their release, publication, exhibition, or reproduction to be used for news, web casts, testimonials or promotional purposes, telecasts, advertising, inclusion on web sites, or for any other purpose(s) that Powermax, its vendors, partners, affiliates and/or representatives deems fit to use. You release Powermax, its officers and employees, and each and all persons involved from any liability connected with the taking, recording, digitizing, or publication of interviews, photographs, computer images, video and/or or sound recordings.
- Attendees are not allowed to do any form of video, image or audio recording during the webinar unless with the express permission of the speaker and the management of Powermax Consulting Group.
- By entering the event premises (conference venue or Zoom meeting platform), you waive all rights to any claims for payment or royalties in connection with any exhibition, streaming, webcasting, televising, or other publication of these materials, regardless of the purpose or sponsoring of such exhibiting, broadcasting, webcasting, or other publication irrespective of whether a fee for admission or sponsorship is charged. You also waive any right to inspect or approve any photo, video, or audio recording taken.
- Your registration fee entitles your enrollee(s) to a slot in a webinar you have paid for but no record of the video of the webinar will be shared.
- If an enrollee fails to join the webinar because Powermax fails to give the webinar link, the payment of his / her REGISTRANT will be refunded in full or if the REGISTRANT prefers, the payment will be rolled over to other webinars of his / her choice.
- If an enrollee advises Powermax five (5) days before the scheduled date of the webinar that he / she cannot attend it, the payment for that slot will be rolled over to another webinar. But if he / she avails of the presentation materials of that webinar (assuming the speaker has shared the materials), the payment cannot be rolled over to another webinar.
- If an enrollee fails to attend a webinar and also fails to advise Powermax five (5) days before the scheduled date of the webinar, the presentation materials of that webinar (assuming the speaker has shared the materials) will be given to him / her but there will be no option for rollover.
- If an enrollee fails to attend a webinar because of a technical glitch on his / her device but other enrollees manage to join the said webinar, there will be no liability on the part of Powermax unless it can be established that there is a clear fault by a representative of Powermax.
- Certificates will be given to the ATTENDEES only.
- Questions or clarifications about the subject matter of a webinar can only be entertained by the speakers during the holding of the webinar. After the webinar, the speaker cannot be obliged to answer them though email, Facebook chat or some other means.
- Unless asked by the speaker or the host to talk, the attendees should not unmute their microphone to avoid distracting the session. Anyone who persists in unmuting his / her audio, despite the reminder or warning, will be removed from the webinar session.
- During the webinar, the ATTENDEES are not allowed to advertise any business competitive with the business of Powermax (seminars / webinars / events) or its sister company AGFI or Advertising and Gaming Fabrication, Inc. (signages, kiosks, podiums, gaming modules like tambiolo, roleta, pachinko; sticker and tarpaulin printing; and laser cutting)
- We want everyone to enjoy the webinar. However, we reserve the right to remove participants whose company or business competes with the business of Powermax or who are unruly or disruptive (e.g., keeps making noise, spamming the chat, etc.) and no refund will be made.
Thank you and enjoy!
Keep safe and God Bless!
₱1,499.00 + VAT
Supply Chain Management
₱1,499.00 + VAT