Six Sigma Quality
₱1,499.00 + VAT
Featured Speaker: Dr. Enrico C. Mina
TQM & Supply Management Consultant
May 21, 2021
9:00am – 12:00nn
Regular Rate Php 1,499.00 + VAT starting May 17, 2021
Early Bird Rate Php 1,399.00 + VAT until May 16, 2021
Group Rate Php 1,299.00 + VAT per pax for 5 or more pax
Inclusive of the Webinar Session, the presentation materials and the Digital Certificate *******************************************************************
Six Sigma Quality
Customers’ loyal patronage is the lifeblood of all businesses. A firm must convince its customers that it offers superior value for money compared to what competitors offer. The components of value are Quality, Cost, and Delivery (QCD). Customers want consistently high quality, low or competitive costs, and reliable delivery or performance; trade-offs (or success in only two out of three) are not acceptable.
The outputs that customers pay for (whether products or services or a combination of the two) are the result of processes, series of interrelated activities that predictably transform inputs into desirable or value-adding outputs. Ensuring that their processes are consistently producing high-value outputs (from the customers’ viewpoint) at the least amount of time and costs is the principal issue in achieving and maintaining competitiveness, productivity, and profitability of business enterprises.
This course uses the principles and concepts of Six-Sigma to chart a path in this direction. The emphasis will be on practicality and on techniques that have been proven to work in business organizations, both manufacturing and service.
At the end of this course, the participants will be able to:
- Explain that all work outputs are produced through processes with six interrelated elements, and that a failure in any causes mistakes, high costs, and delays
- Learn specific techniques for improving quality, productivity, and efficiency through the application of the Six Sigma approach
- Explain the basic Six Sigma concepts and improvement models
- Introduction and learning outcomes
- Customer goals
- Process and results; process elements
- Personnel (man)
- The process system and cause-and-effect relationships
- The Six Sigma Quality Philosophy
- Target maximum defect rate of 3.4 rejects per million opportunities, equivalent to 99.99966% reliability
- Used to fine-tune products and processes
- Requires a sweeping cultural change efforts and knowledge of statistical methods throughout the organization
- Review of statistical concepts
- The +3-sigma control chart
- Control limits vs. tolerance limits
- Process capability and tolerance
- Limitations of 3-sigma control
- The +6-sigma control
- Benefits of 6-sigma
- Six-sigma principles
- Customer focus
- Data-driven control
- Process improvement
- Proactive management
- Boundaryless teamwork
- Quest for perfection
- The Business Process Model
- Identify the Critical-to-Quality (CTQ) characteristics
- Yield, defect, 6-sigma opportunity, and DPMO
- Six-sigma strategies
- Process improvement
- Process design/redesign
- Process management
- The DMAIC model (for existing processes)
- The DMADV model (for new or reengineered processes)
- The SIPOC process model
- Measurement of defect-based improvement opportunities
- Roles in 6-sigma
- Leadership team
- Sponsor or champion
- Six-sigma director
- Six-sigma coach
- Project or team leader (the “black belts”)
- Project team member (the “green belts”)
- The process owner
- Key factors for success
- Leadership commitment
- Managing with data
- Training and cultural change
- A 6-sigma organization with some full-time personnel
- Resource support for project implementation
The participants should include all managers, supervisors, and technical staff.
Duration and Venue
This course is held online via Zoom over a three-hour period (9:00 AM to 12:00 NN).
The course is conducted by Dr. Enrico C. Mina, an experienced manager and consultant who is at the same time an Associate Professor at the Ateneo Graduate School of Business teaching courses in economics, basic management, and operations management.
The resource person is Dr. Enrico C. Mina, an experienced manager, consultant, trainer, and faculty member of the Ateneo Graduate School of Business. Dr. Mina has extensive experience in helping organizations to improve quality and productivity.
Featured Speaker – Dr. Enrico C. Mina
- Dr. Enrico C. Mina is an Associate Professor of the Ateneo de Manila University Graduate School of Business, who teaches various economics and business management courses. He has had 27 years of teaching experience, the bulk of which was at the post-graduate level at the AGSB. Dr. Mina returned three years ago from a three-year teaching engagement as Senior Lecturer at the Department of Business Studies of the Papua New Guinea University of Technology at Lae City, Morobe Province, Papua New Guinea. While there, he taught courses in basic economics and management and acted as the Director of the Executive MBA Program, which he helped conceptualize and design and in which he taught six courses.
- Dr. Mina also has extensive experience in the business world as manager, consultant, and trainer, particularly in the areas of Total Quality Management and kaizen (continuous improvement), operations and supply chain management, and strategic management.
- Dr. Mina is a faculty member as well at the Ateneo School of Government, teaching Applied Economics in the Public Sector. At the same time, he teaches MBA courses at the Ateneo School of Medicine and Public Health, whose curriculum seamlessly integrates medical science and management.
- He has written and published several research papers and original cases. While at PNG University of Technology, he wrote a textbook entitled Introduction to Economics for use by the university’s Department of Open and Distance Learning’s Adult Matriculation Program. He has also been the adviser of the Governance Innovation Report (equivalent to a masteral thesis) of 24 students at the Ateneo School of Government.
- Dr. Mina obtained his Doctor of Business Administration (DBA) degree from De La Salle University-Manila in 2011, his MBA from the Ateneo Graduate School of Business in 1979, and two undergraduate degrees (AB major in Economics and BSBA major in Management, Summa cum Laude) from De La Salle University-Manila in 1973.
LIMITED SLOTS. Limited slots are available. To avoid last-minute delays and inconveniences, we advise you to please register at the latest two days or one day before the webinar event.
REGISTRATION. You must register or be registered by someone else to be able to join our webinars. Webinar access links are strictly sent through email therefore make sure you indicate the right email addresses for the participants. Please indicate how many participants you wish to include before hitting the REGISTER NOW button.
CHECK OUT. When you go to the Checkout Page, double-check the number of participants you have to register, if you change your mind or wish to make last-minute adjustments, do not forget to update your cart by clicking the UPDATE CART button. Once everything is final, you may now click the PROCEED TO CHECK OUT button.
BILLING DETAILS AND THE NAMES OF THE PARTICIPANTS. On the upper portion, you have to enter your details (esp. your email address) as the one paying for the registration. Underneath, you have to enter the details (esp. the email addresses) of the participants you wish to join the webinar.
POWERMAX provides three (3) payment options:
(1) Bank Deposit/Online Bank Transfer
(3) PayPal/Credit or Debit Card Through PayPal
Bank Deposit or Online Bank Transfer / G-Cash
If you choose Bank Deposit/Online Bank Transfer or G-Cash, you have to send the proof of payment to firstname.lastname@example.org.
IMPORTANT: Proof of payment must be sent to email@example.com. Failure to send the proof of payment to firstname.lastname@example.org means the participants will not receive the webinar links even if the proof of payment is sent to other contact details of Powermax or its representatives (e.g., Facebook, Messenger, Viber, other email addresses, etc.).
Payment Through PayPal
If you choose to pay for your registration using PayPal you may do so. Please take note that PayPal also accepts Debit Cards and Credit Cards bearing the VISA and Mastercard logo. Unlike the Bank Deposit/Online Bank Transfer, the PayPal process automatically updates our system to issue the participants their access to our webinars.
WEBINAR ACCESS LINKS. Once payment is made and verified, we can activate the spot on the webinar then we can send the webinar access links to the email addresses of the participants – this only goes with Bank Deposit/Online Bank Transfer / G-Cash. However, for payments made using PayPal, the activation process is automatic. Note that your webinar access link cannot be shared with anyone else. If you cannot attend on the date and time of the webinar kindly advise us at the latest one day ahead.
POWER WEBINARS. Powermax live webinars are designed to give you an incisive insight into a plethora of interesting and relevant topics using Zoom technology. It aims to uncork the latest updates, best practices, useful strategies, and tactics, and/or practical tips and techniques not just to widen your horizon but also to equip you with the essential knowledge and skills. Hopefully, this will also encourage you to register for the other webinars of Powermax. Just visit our site – www.powermax.ph to see our other webinars.
A PLEASANT WEBINAR EXPERIENCE
To ensure a pleasant webinar experience, we recommend to registrants to:
- Download and install the Zoom application beforehand
- Ensure that there is a proper internet WIFI connection
- Use a working webinar streaming device.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Definition of Terms
- REGISTRANT – The person who has registered himself or other people for a webinar of Powermax
- ENROLLEE(S) – The person(s) registered by the REGISTRANT
- PAID REGISTRANT – The registrant who has paid in full for the registration of the ENROLLEE(S)
- ATTENDEE(S) – The enrollee(s) who has / have actually attended the webinar
- The Official Receipts will be made available for pick up at the office of
Powermax Consulting Group. If you need a soft copy, we can take a picture of it and send you a copy online. However, if you want the physical copy delivered to your office, you can arrange with and pay for a local courier service like Lalamove or Grab Express.
- Sharing of the presentation materials depends on the webinar speaker.
(a) Some speakers willingly share their materials while others don’t.
(b) For the speakers who are willing to share their presentation materials
- Some prefer that the materials be sent in advance while others prefer that they be sent after the webinar
- Some prefer that the handouts to be given to the attendees are different from the PowerPoint files that they use and will not share the PPT files
Powermax cannot guarantee that the presentation materials of each webinar will be shared, or shared in advance, or will be the same as the PPT file of the speaker.
- Any form of video, image or audio recording during the webinar is not allowed unless with the express permission of the speaker and the management of Powermax Consulting Group.
- Your registration fee entitles your enrollee(s) to a slot in a webinar you have paid for but no record of the video of the webinar will be given.
- If an enrollee fails to join the webinar because Powermax fails to give the webinar link, the payment of his / her REGISTRANT will be refunded in full or if the REGISTRANT prefers, the payment will be rolled over to other webinars of his / her choice.
- If an enrollee advises Powermax five (5) days before the scheduled date of the webinar that he / she cannot attend it, the payment for that slot will be rolled over to another webinar. But if he / she avails of the presentation materials of that webinar (assuming the speaker has shared the materials), the payment cannot be rolled over to another webinar.
- If an enrollee fails to attend a webinar and also fails to advise Powermax five (5) days before the scheduled date of the webinar, the presentation materials of that webinar (assuming the speaker has shared the materials) will be given to him / her but there will be no option for rollover.
- If an enrollee fails to attend a webinar because of a technical glitch on his / her device but other enrollees manage to join the said webinar, there will be no liability on the part of Powermax unless it can be established that there is a clear fault by a representative of Powermax.
- Certificates will be given to the ATTENDEES only.
- Questions or clarifications about the subject matter of a webinar can only be entertained by the speakers during the holding of the webinar. After the webinar, the speaker cannot be obliged to answer them through email, Facebook chat or some other means.
- Unless asked by the speaker or the host to talk, the attendees should not unmute their microphone to avoid distracting the session. Anyone who persists in unmuting his / her audio, despite the reminder or warning, will be removed from the webinar session.
Thank you and enjoy!
Keep safe and God Bless!
₱1,499.00 + VAT
Six Sigma Quality
₱1,499.00 + VAT