Internal Control and Fraud Prevention
₱1,699.00 + VAT
Featured Speaker: Dr. Rufo R. Mendoza
Former Vice-Chair of Regulatory Board of Accountancy
April 1, 2022
2:00pm – 5:00pm
Regular Rate Php 1,699.00 + VAT starting March 26, 2022
Early Bird Rate Php 1,399.00 + VAT until March 25, 2022
Group Rate Php 1,299.00 + VAT per pax for 5 – 14 pax
Super Group Rate Php 1,099.00 + VAT per pax for 15 or more pax
Inclusive of the Webinar Session, the presentation materials and the Digital Certificate *******************************************************************
Internal Control and Fraud Prevention
Rationale of the Seminar
Internal controls help an organization achieve its goals. It is a critical component of managing an organization and a foundation for its safe and sound operations. An effective internal control system helps an entity promote orderly, economical, efficient, and effective operations. It seeks to safeguard the resources and maintain reliable financial and management data. It enables compliance with laws and regulations and helps in mitigating the risk of unexpected losses or damage to the organization and its reputation.
Implementing internal controls is an effective way to reduce company’s exposure to fraud risk. This will help limit the opportunities for employees to commit fraud. Since fraud comes in various forms, internal controls have the inherent nature to prevent fraud even before it occurs.
This seminar provides a wholistic framework in understanding internal controls. In addition, it links internal controls with the overall management of fraud, primarily on how to prevent its occurrence. This is useful for business owners, top management, board of directors, officers, and employees in different units or divisions of an organization.
At the end of the seminar, the participants are expected to
- Explain the nature of internal control and its relationship with risk and audit and how they drive value for an organization;
- Discuss the framework, components, and measures and how internal controls can be implemented in real business operations;
- Differentiate the various types of fraud;
- Explain the manner through which internal controls can prevent fraud; and
- Assess internal control practices and devise workable solutions for identified internal control weaknesses.
Outline of Topics
1. Understanding the Trilogy of Risk, Control, and Audit
- Nature of risk, controls, and audit
- Roles and responsibilities for internal controls in an organization
- Benefits of a strong internal control system in an organization
- Levels of internal controls ladder
2. Five Components of Internal Control System
- Objectives of internal controls
- Five components: control environment, risk assessment, control activities, information and communication, and monitoring
- Emphasizing control activities for businesses
3. Nature and Classification of Fraud and Fraud Management
- Fraud Elements and Principles
- The Fraud Triangle
- Classification of Fraud
- Four Fraud Management Activities
4. Control Activities to Prevent Fraud
- Control Activities as the day-to-day component of internal control
- Control Activities to Prevent Fraud in Company Assets
- Control Activities to Prevent Fraud in Company Liabilities
- Control Activities to Prevent Fraud in Revenues
- Control Activities to Prevent Fraud in Expenditures
Resource Speaker – Dr. Rufo R. Mendoza
- Dr. Rufo R. Mendoza was a member of the Professional Regulatory Board of Accountancy for seven years, where he was the Vice-Chair for three and a half years. He was also the Chair of the PRC’s Continuing Professional Development Council for Accountancy for five years. In his tenure in the BOA, he represented the country in the ASEAN Meetings of Professional Regulatory Authorities for the Mutual Recognition Arrangement on Accountancy Services. He was also the country’s delegate to the APEC Senior Officials Meeting in Accounting Services. He was PICPA’s national awardee as Outstanding CPA in Professional Development in 2008 and Outstanding CPA in Government Service in 2010.
- He has more than 20 years of experience in external audit and internal audit of private businesses. He has 15 years of extensive experience in consulting with international development organizations in the area of public financial management that covers the internal control system, risk management, and internal audit. He was Consultant at World Bank, UNDP, European Commission, Australian Agency for International Development, and United States Agency for International Development.
- He has a master’s degree in development management and a Ph.D. in community development and agribusiness management both from the University of the Philippines Los Baños, where he was awarded membership in three international honor societies.
- He taught in the graduate school of leading universities in the Philippines, including the Asian Institute of Management, Ateneo de Manila University’s School of Government, UP Open University, University of Philippine Los Baños, and De La Salle Lipa.
- Currently, he is a National Capacity Development Expert at the Asian Development Bank.
We can conduct in-house training for the above program for your company to make it more customized to your requirements.
In the same vein, with our battery of seasoned Filipino trainers or speakers, training consultants and facilitators, we can conduct other employee development programs for your people configured to your preferences:
HUMAN RESOURCE or HR
- Basic and Advanced HR
- Recruitment or Talent Selection
- Training or Learning and Development
- Job Evaluation
- Employee Compensation and Benefits
- Labor Law 101
- Flexible Work Arrangements
- Company Policy
- Employee Discipline
- Administrative Hearing
- Job Contracting
- Basic Taxation
- All About VAT
- Withholding Taxes
- Tax Assessment
- Percentage Tax
- Legal Strategies to Reduce Tax
- Handling B.I.R. Audit
- Employee Benefits Tax
- Basic Accounting and Bookkeeping
- Understanding Financial Statements
- Strengthening Your Accounting Systems
- Internal Control
- Accounting for Non-Accountants
- Finance for Non-Financial Professionals
SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT
- Introduction to Materials Management
- Warehouse Management
- Inventory Planning and Control
- Modern Procurement
- Supply Management
LEADERSHIP, MANAGEMENT OR SUPERVISION
- Basic Leadership and Management Excellence
- Supervisory Leadership Development
- Developing Your Managerial Leadership
- How to Bring Out the Best in People
- Awaken the Sales Champion in You
- Professional Selling
- How to Handle Objections
- 39 Ways to Close More Sales
- Customer Service
- Telephone and Email Etiquette
- Top Techniques to improve Collection
- Work Attitude and Values Enhancement
- Mastering Verbal and Non-Verbal Communication
POWERMAX WEBINARS. As a leading online corporate training provider in Manila, Philippines, Powermax currently offers live webinars which are designed to give you an incisive insight into a plethora of interesting and relevant topics using Zoom technology. It aims to uncork the latest updates, best practices, useful strategies, and tactics, and/or practical tips and techniques not just to widen your horizon but also to equip you with the essential knowledge and skills. Hopefully, this will also encourage you to register for the other webinars of Powermax. Just visit our site –www.powermax.ph to see our other webinars.
LIMITED SLOTS. Limited slots are available. To avoid last-minute delays and inconveniences, we advise you to please register at the latest two days or one day before the webinar event.
REGISTRATION. You must register or be registered by someone else to be able to join our webinars. Webinar access links are strictly sent through email therefore make sure you indicate the right email addresses for the participants. Please indicate how many participants you wish to include before hitting the REGISTER NOW button.
CHECK OUT. When you go to the Checkout Page, double-check the number of participants you have to register, if you change your mind or wish to make last-minute adjustments, do not forget to update your cart by clicking the UPDATE CART button. Once everything is final, you may now click the PROCEED TO CHECK OUT button.
BILLING DETAILS AND THE NAMES OF THE PARTICIPANTS. On the upper portion, you have to enter your details (esp. your email address) as the one paying for the registration. Underneath, you have to enter the details (esp. the email addresses) of the participants you wish to join the webinar.
POWERMAX provides three (3) payment options:
(1) Bank Deposit/Online Bank Transfer
(3) PayPal/Credit or Debit Card Through PayPal
Bank Deposit or Online Bank Transfer / G-Cash
If you choose Bank Deposit/Online Bank Transfer or G-Cash, you have to send the proof of payment to email@example.com.
IMPORTANT: Proof of payment must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Failure to send the proof of payment to email@example.com means the participants will not receive the webinar links even if the proof of payment is sent to other contact details of Powermax or its representatives (e.g., Facebook, Messenger, Viber, other email addresses, etc.).
Payment Through PayPal
If you choose to pay for your registration using PayPal you may do so. Please take note that PayPal also accepts Debit Cards and Credit Cards bearing the VISA and Mastercard logo. Unlike the Bank Deposit/Online Bank Transfer, the PayPal process automatically updates our system to issue the participants their access to our webinars.
WEBINAR ACCESS LINKS. Once payment is made and verified, we can activate the spot on the webinar then we can send the webinar access links to the email addresses of the participants – this only goes with Bank Deposit/Online Bank Transfer / G-Cash. However, for payments made using PayPal, the activation process is automatic. Note that your webinar access link cannot be shared with anyone else. If you cannot attend on the date and time of the webinar kindly advise us at the latest one day ahead.
POWER WEBINARS. Powermax live webinars are designed to give you an incisive insight into a plethora of interesting and relevant topics using Zoom technology. It aims to uncork the latest updates, best practices, useful strategies, and tactics, and/or practical tips and techniques not just to widen your horizon but also to equip you with the essential knowledge and skills. Hopefully, this will also encourage you to register for the other webinars of Powermax. Just visit our site – www.powermax.ph to see our other webinars.
A PLEASANT WEBINAR EXPERIENCE
To ensure a pleasant webinar experience, we recommend to registrants to:
- Download and install the Zoom application beforehand
- Ensure that there is a proper internet WIFI connection
- Use a working webinar streaming device.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Definition of Terms
- REGISTRANT – The person who has registered himself or other people for a webinar of Powermax
- ENROLLEE(S) – The person(s) registered by the REGISTRANT
- PAID REGISTRANT – The registrant who has paid in full for the registration of the ENROLLEE(S)
- ATTENDEE(S) – The enrollee(s) who has / have actually attended the webinar
- The Official Receipts will be made available for pick up at the office of Powermax Consulting Group. If you need a soft copy, we can take a picture of it and send you a copy online. However, if you want the physical copy delivered to your office, you can arrange with and pay for a local courier service like Lalamove or Grab Express.
- Sharing of the presentation materials depends on the webinar speaker.
(a) Some speakers willingly share their materials while others don’t
(b) For the speakers who are willing to share their presentation materials
- Some prefer that the materials be sent in advance while others prefer that they be sent after the webinar
- Some prefer that the handouts to be given to the attendees are different from the PowerPoint files that they use and will not share the PPT files
Powermax cannot guarantee that the presentation materials of each webinar will be shared, or shared in advance, or will be the same as the PPT file of the speaker.
- By joining the webinar of Powermax, you consent to interviews, photography, audio recording, video recording and its / their release, publication, exhibition, or reproduction to be used for news, web casts, promotional purposes, telecasts, advertising, inclusion on web sites, or for any other purpose(s) that Powermax, its vendors, partners, affiliates and/or representatives deem fit to use. You release Powermax, its officers and employees, and each and all persons involved from any liability connected with the taking, recording, digitizing, or publication of interviews, photographs, computer images, video and/or or sound recordings.
- By entering the event premises (conference venue or Zoom meeting platform), you waive all rights to any claims for payment or royalties in connection with any exhibition, streaming, webcasting, televising, or other publication of these materials, regardless of the purpose or sponsoring of such exhibiting, broadcasting, webcasting, or other publication irrespective of whether a fee for admission or sponsorship is charged. You also waive any right to inspect or approve any photo, video, or audio recording taken.
- Any form of recording and sharing of the video, image or audio of the webinar is strictly prohibited unless with the express permission of the speaker and the management of Powermax Consulting Group.
- Your registration fee entitles your enrollee(s) to a slot in a webinar you have paid for but no record of the video of the webinar will be shared.
- If an enrollee fails to join the webinar because Powermax fails to give the webinar link, the payment of his / her REGISTRANT will be refunded in full or if the REGISTRANT prefers, the payment will be rolled over to other webinars of his / her choice.
- If an enrollee advises Powermax five (5) days before the scheduled date of the webinar that he / she cannot attend it, the payment for that slot will be rolled over to another webinar. But if he / she avails of the presentation materials of that webinar (assuming the speaker has shared the materials), the payment cannot be rolled over to another webinar.
- If an enrollee fails to attend a webinar and also fails to advise Powermax five (5) days before the scheduled date of the webinar, the presentation materials of that webinar (assuming the speaker has shared the materials) will be given to him / her but there will be no option for rollover.
- If an enrollee fails to attend a webinar because of a technical glitch on his / her device but other enrollees manage to join the said webinar, there will be no liability on the part of Powermax unless it can be established that there is a clear fault by a representative of Powermax.
- Certificates will be given to the ATTENDEES only.
- Questions or clarifications about the subject matter of a webinar can only be entertained by the speakers during the holding of the webinar. After the webinar, the speaker cannot be obliged to answer them through email, Facebook chat or some other means.
- Unless asked by the speaker or the host to talk, the attendees should not unmute their microphone to avoid distracting the session. Anyone who persists in unmuting his / her audio, despite the reminder or warning, will be removed from the webinar session.
- During the webinar, the ATTENDEES are not allowed to advertise any business competitive with the business of Powermax (seminars / webinars / events) or its sister company AGFI or Advertising and Gaming Fabrication, Inc. (signages, kiosks, podiums, gaming modules like tambiolo, roleta, pachinko; sticker and tarpaulin printing; and laser cutting)
- We want everyone to enjoy the webinar. However, we reserve the right to remove participants who are unruly or disruptive (e.g., repeatedly making noise, spamming the chat, recording the webinar, etc.) and no refund will be made.
Thank you and enjoy!
Keep safe and God Bless!
₱1,699.00 + VAT
Internal Control and Fraud Prevention
₱1,699.00 + VAT