Employee and Labor Relations
₱1,499.00 + VAT
Dr. Virgel C. Binghay
Professor & Director – UP SOLAIR
Atty. Eliseo M. Zuniga, JR.
Head of Quisumbing Torres’ Dispute Resolution Practice Group
June 30, 2021
1:30pm – 4:30pm
Regular Rate Php 1,499.00 + VAT starting June 24, 2021
Early Bird Rate Php 1,399.00 + VAT until June 23, 2021
Group Rate Php 1,299.00 + VAT per pax for 5 or more pax
Inclusive of the Webinar Session, Presentation Materials of the Speaker and the Digital Certificate
Employee and Labor Relations
Employee and Labor Relations can make or break a company. Indeed, a positive and professional relationship between employers and employees leads to greater motivation and employee engagement. Likewise, it prevents and resolves work related problems, including performance management, conflict management, corrective actions, grievance and complaint administration, arbitration, unfair labor practice charges, union relations, and other related issues. While most leaders acknowledge the critical value of employee relations, very few are familiar with the right steps on how to address this issue. Instead of leaving things to chance, encourage your HR and your Line Managers and Supervisors to gain from the precious experience distilled from the years of experience of our seasoned speakers.
PART 1 – Employee Relations
Featured Speaker: Dr. Virgel C. Binghay
Former Corporate Labor Relations Manager of San Miguel Corp.
Currently, Professor and Director of UP SOLAIR
Module 1. The Object of Employee Relations and its Essential Elements
- Three targets
- Four critical facets
Module 2. Employee Relations in the Context of People Management Function
Module 3. Employee Commitment and Engagement
- Commitment dimensions
- Engagement methodologies
Module 4. Do’s and Don’ts in Employee Relations
Module 5. Employee Relations Competencies
Module 6. Some Best Practices in Employee Relations
PART 2 – Labor Relations
Featured Speaker: Atty. Eliseo Zuñiga
Placed 1st in 2000 Philippine Bar Examinations
Head of Quisumbing Torres’ Dispute Resolution Practice Group
- Modes of Union Formation
- Rights of a Legitimate Labor Union
- Obligations of the Employer
- Recognition of Collective Bargaining Agent
II. Procedure in a Certification Election
III. Unfair Labor Practice
- Instances of Unfair Labor Practice
- Defensible Acts of Employer
IV. Collective Bargaining
- Procedure for Collective Bargaining
- Common Provisions of CBAs
- Union Security Clauses
- Grounds for A Strike
- Procedural Requirements
- Prohibited Acts
VI. Union Issues During Pandemic
Resource Speaker – Dr. Virgel C. Binghay
- International lecturer (Australia, Canada, Japan, Germany, India, Indonesia, Malaysia, New Zealand, Singapore, South Korea, Taiwan, Thailand, etc.)
- Invited to present papers in Canada and Peru
- Author of a number of books and his articles are published in some of the journals and conference proceedings.
- Issue Editor of the “Philippine Journal of Labor and Industrial Relations”
- Member of different professional organizations including the International Industrial Relations Association (IIRA); and Industrial Relations Association of Academics in Australia; New Zealand (IRAANZ); and ILO Association of the Philippines; etc.
- Expert in corporate planning, organization development, human resource management, industrial relations and quality management.
- Before joining the University of the Philippines, he was connected with the private sector and a government agency – including his stint with San Miguel Corporation as Corporate Labor Relations Manager.
- Recipient of various awards, recognitions and grants including the “2006 HR Leadership Award” (from the World HRD Congress Global HR Excellence Awards, held in Mumbai, India).
- Accredited Voluntary Arbitrator of the Department of Labor & Employment.
Resource Speaker – Atty. Eliseo M. Zuniga, JR.
Eliseo Zuñiga, Jr. is the head of Quisumbing Torres’ Dispute Resolution Practice Group and a member of the Employment Practice Group. He is also a member of the Industrial, Manufacturing & Telecommunications and the Healthcare & Life Sciences Industry Groups. He has 20 years of experience advising clients on general employment issues, employee termination, executive compensation, benefits transfers and terminations, and general litigation. He actively participates as a speaker and presenter in various regional and local seminars and conferences on labor and employment-related issues. He served as Chairperson of the People Management Association of the Philippines’ Labor Policy Reforms and Industrial Relations Committee and is currently Co-Chairperson of the European Chamber of Commerce Human Capital Committee. He has been cited as a Leading Individual in Employment by The Legal 500 Asia Pacific (2019- 2021) and the Chambers Asia Pacific (2018-2021).
Jon’s practice focuses on commercial and employment litigation, corporate compliance, and general dispute resolution. His practice includes procedures, strategies and negotiations for employee termination; illegal dismissal and labor standard cases; retrenchment, redundancy and downsizing of operations; labor relations/trade unions; executive transfers; and employment contracts, employee handbook and other employment- related documents review.
- Leading Individual for Labor and Employment, The Legal 500 Asia Pacific, 2019 to 2021
- Band 3, Leading Lawyer for Employment, Chambers Asia Pacific, 2018 to 2021
- Dispute Resolution Star for Labor and Employment, Benchmark Litigation, 2019 to 2021
- Distinguished Practitioner for Labor and Employment, asialaw Leading Lawyers, 2020 to 2021
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Australian-New Zealand Chamber of Commerce Philippines
- People Management Association of the Philippines – Chairperson – Labor Policy Reforms and Industrial Relations Committee (2017-early 2020)
- European Chamber of Commerce of the Philippines – Co-chairperson
- Integrated Bar of the Philippines – Member
- International Bar Association – Member
- Philippines (2001), Placed 1st in 2000 Philippine Bar Examinations
- University of the Philippines (LLB) (2000)
- University of the Philippines (AB Political Science) (1996)
LIMITED SLOTS. Limited slots are available. To avoid last-minute delays and inconveniences, we advise you to please register at the latest two days or one day before the webinar event.
REGISTRATION. You must register or be registered by someone else to be able to join our webinars. Webinar access links are strictly sent through email therefore make sure you indicate the right email addresses for the participants. Please indicate how many participants you wish to include before hitting the REGISTER NOW button.
CHECK OUT. When you go to the Checkout Page, double-check the number of participants you have to register, if you change your mind or wish to make last-minute adjustments, do not forget to update your cart by clicking the UPDATE CART button. Once everything is final, you may now click the PROCEED TO CHECK OUT button.
BILLING DETAILS AND THE NAMES OF THE PARTICIPANTS. On the upper portion, you have to enter your details (esp. your email address) as the one paying for the registration. Underneath, you have to enter the details (esp. the email addresses) of the participants you wish to join the webinar.
POWERMAX provides three (3) payment options:
(1) Bank Deposit/Online Bank Transfer
(3) PayPal/Credit or Debit Card Through PayPal
Bank Deposit or Online Bank Transfer / G-Cash
If you choose Bank Deposit/Online Bank Transfer or G-Cash, you have to send the proof of payment to email@example.com.
IMPORTANT: Proof of payment must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Failure to send the proof of payment to email@example.com means the participants will not receive the webinar links even if the proof of payment is sent to other contact details of Powermax or its representatives (e.g., Facebook, Messenger, Viber, other email addresses, etc.).
Payment Through PayPal
If you choose to pay for your registration using PayPal you may do so. Please take note that PayPal also accepts Debit Cards and Credit Cards bearing the VISA and Mastercard logo. Unlike the Bank Deposit/Online Bank Transfer, the PayPal process automatically updates our system to issue the participants their access to our webinars.
WEBINAR ACCESS LINKS. Once payment is made and verified, we can activate the spot on the webinar then we can send the webinar access links to the email addresses of the participants – this only goes with Bank Deposit/Online Bank Transfer / G-Cash. However, for payments made using PayPal, the activation process is automatic. Note that your webinar access link cannot be shared with anyone else. If you cannot attend on the date and time of the webinar kindly advise us at the latest one day ahead.
POWER WEBINARS. Powermax live webinars are designed to give you an incisive insight into a plethora of interesting and relevant topics using Zoom technology. It aims to uncork the latest updates, best practices, useful strategies, and tactics, and/or practical tips and techniques not just to widen your horizon but also to equip you with the essential knowledge and skills. Hopefully, this will also encourage you to register for the other webinars of Powermax. Just visit our site – www.powermax.ph to see our other webinars.
A PLEASANT WEBINAR EXPERIENCE
To ensure a pleasant webinar experience, we recommend to registrants to:
- Download and install the Zoom application beforehand
- Ensure that there is a proper internet WIFI connection
- Use a working webinar streaming device.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Definition of Terms
- REGISTRANT – The person who has registered himself or other people for a webinar of Powermax
- ENROLLEE(S) – The person(s) registered by the REGISTRANT
- PAID REGISTRANT – The registrant who has paid in full for the registration of the ENROLLEE(S)
- ATTENDEE(S) – The enrollee(s) who has / have actually attended the webinar
- The Official Receipts will be made available for pick up at the office of
Powermax Consulting Group. If you need a soft copy, we can take a picture of it and send you a copy online. However, if you want the physical copy delivered to your office, you can arrange with and pay for a local courier service like Lalamove or Grab Express.
- Sharing of the presentation materials depends on the webinar speaker.
(a) Some speakers willingly share their materials while others don’t.
(b) For the speakers who are willing to share their presentation materials
- Some prefer that the materials be sent in advance while others prefer that they be sent after the webinar
- Some prefer that the handouts to be given to the attendees are different from the PowerPoint files that they use and will not share the PPT files
Powermax cannot guarantee that the presentation materials of each webinar will be shared, or shared in advance, or will be the same as the PPT file of the speaker.
- By joining the webinar of Powermax, you consent to interviews, photography, audio recording, video recording and its / their release, publication, exhibition, or reproduction to be used for news, web casts, promotional purposes, telecasts, advertising, inclusion on web sites, or for any other purpose(s) that Powermax, its vendors, partners, affiliates and/or representatives deems fit to use. You release Powermax, its officers and employees, and each and all persons involved from any liability connected with the taking, recording, digitizing, or publication of interviews, photographs, computer images, video and/or or sound recordings.Any form of video, image or audio recording during the webinar is not allowed unless with the express permission of the speaker and the management of Powermax Consulting Group.
- By entering the event premises (conference venue or Zoom meeting platform), you waive all rights to any claims for payment or royalties in connection with any exhibition, streaming, webcasting, televising, or other publication of these materials, regardless of the purpose or sponsoring of such exhibiting, broadcasting, webcasting, or other publication irrespective of whether a fee for admission or sponsorship is charged. You also waive any right to inspect or approve any photo, video, or audio recording taken.
- Any form of video, image or audio recording during the webinar is not allowed unless with the express permission of the speaker and the management of Powermax Consulting Group.
- Your registration fee entitles your enrollee(s) to a slot in a webinar you have paid for but no record of the video of the webinar will be shared.
- If an enrollee fails to join the webinar because Powermax fails to give the webinar link, the payment of his / her REGISTRANT will be refunded in full or if the REGISTRANT prefers, the payment will be rolled over to other webinars of his / her choice.
- If an enrollee advises Powermax five (5) days before the scheduled date of the webinar that he / she cannot attend it, the payment for that slot will be rolled over to another webinar. But if he / she avails of the presentation materials of that webinar (assuming the speaker has shared the materials), the payment cannot be rolled over to another webinar.
- If an enrollee fails to attend a webinar and also fails to advise Powermax five (5) days before the scheduled date of the webinar, the presentation materials of that webinar (assuming the speaker has shared the materials) will be given to him / her but there will be no option for rollover.
- If an enrollee fails to attend a webinar because of a technical glitch on his / her device but other enrollees manage to join the said webinar, there will be no liability on the part of Powermax unless it can be established that there is a clear fault by a representative of Powermax.
- Certificates will be given to the ATTENDEES only.
- Questions or clarifications about the subject matter of a webinar can only be entertained by the speakers during the holding of the webinar. After the webinar, the speaker cannot be obliged to answer them though email, Facebook chat or some other means.
- Unless asked by the speaker or the host to talk, the attendees should not unmute their microphone to avoid distracting the session. Anyone who persists in unmuting his / her audio, despite the reminder or warning, will be removed from the webinar session.
- During the webinar, the ATTENDEES are not allowed to advertise any business competitive with the business of Powermax (seminars / webinars / events) or its sister company AGFI or Advertising and Gaming Fabrication, Inc. (signages, kiosks, podiums, gaming modules like tambiolo, roleta, pachinko; sticker and tarpaulin printing; and laser cutting)
- We want everyone to enjoy the webinar. However, we reserve the right to remove participants who are unruly or disruptive (e.g., keeps making noise, spamming the chat, etc.) and no refund will be made.
Thank you and enjoy!
Keep safe and God Bless!
₱1,499.00 + VAT
Employee and Labor Relations
₱1,499.00 + VAT