Common Errors of Accountants in the Field of Taxation
₱1,699.00 + VAT
Featured Speaker: Atty. Arnold A. Apdua
Managing Partner of AAA and Co.
February 24, 2022
1:30pm – 4:30pm
Regular Rate Php 1,699.00 + VAT starting February 18, 2022
Early Bird Rate Php 1,399.00 + VAT until February 17, 2022
Group Rate Php 1,299.00 + VAT per pax for 5 – 14 pax
Super Group Rate Php 1,099.00 + VAT per pax for 15 or more pax
Inclusive of the Webinar Session and the Digital Certificate
Common Errors of Accountants in the Field of Taxation
Certified Public Accountants (“CPAs”), including accountants and bookkeepers, should know the importance of existing BIR revenue issuances in preparing the company’s tax returns. Any mistake committed in preparing tax returns may entail additional costs such as surcharge, interest, and compromise penalties. Thus, a taxation module has been developed to address the CPAs’ concerns.
Further, to be an effective tax agent and practitioner, CPAs must know appropriate tax planning to reduce tax payments legally (known as tax avoidance) and must be aware with current techniques used by the BIR revenue officers in the audit and examination of taxpayers.
With the passage of the Tax Reform for Acceleration & Inclusion (TRAIN) law last December 19, 2017 and the Corporate Recovery and Tax Incentives for Enterprises Act (CREATE) on March 26, 2021, and various subsequent issuances of the BIR on the final implementation and interpretation, we deem it relevant to revisit the highlights of the law which have direct impact on employee withholding and fringe benefit tax.
The BIR has issued numerous revenue regulations and revenue memorandum circulars that are relevant to the aforementioned topics hence, there is a need for this seminar
Objectives of the Training
After the seminar, the participants should be able to:
- Identify the specific BIR rules and regulations in preparing tax returns
- Determine the assessment procedures conducted by the BIR
- Know the current techniques used by BIR in tax audit and investigation
- Familiarize with tax remedies and tax management of taxes.
I. Revised Schedule of Compromise Penalty
II. Violations in Bookkeeping Rules and Regulations
III. Registration Requirements
IV. Keeping of Books of Accounts
V. Preservation of Books of Accounts and Other Accounting Records
VI. Printing of Receipts or Commercial or Sales Invoices
VII. Machine Control Specifications Features
- A. For Cash Register Machines
- B. For POS Machines
VIII. Reporting Of Monthly Sales
IX. Deductible Expense
X. Itemized Deduction
XI. Expenses In General
XII. Minimum Corporate Income Tax
- A. Minimum Corporate Income Tax on Domestic Corporations
Imposition of Tax
- B. Carry Forward of Excess Minimum Tax Minimum Corporate
Income Tax (MCIT) on Resident Foreign Corporation
XIII. Withholding Tax Violations
XIV. Duties & Obligation of a Withholding Agent
XV. Value Added Tax Violations
XVI. Requirements on Input Tax
XVII. Invoicing Requirements
RESOURCE SPEAKER – ATTY. ARNOLD A. APDUA
Managing Partner of AAA and Co., CPAs, and Former BIR Revenue Officer
- Fifteen (15) years of meaningful experience in tax practice
- Seven (7) years as Revenue Officer of the Bureau of Internal Revenue (BIR) and eight (8) years as tax practitioner.
- Tax lawyer of Quasha Ancheta Peña Nolasco Law Office.
- Professor at the University of the East and Pamantasang ng Lungsod ng Maynila, where he taught accounting and taxation
- Began his professional career as an associate auditor of Sycip Gorres Velayo and Co. (SGV & Co.) in 2004
- Assigned in several BIR Special Task Force such as drafting the BIR Industry Audit Manual and tax compliance audit of government agencies
- Received several commendations from the BIR including consistent Top Revenue Collector in BIR Mandaluyong from 2009 to 2011
- A resource person and speaker for various Continuing Professional Development (CPD) tax seminars
- Served as PICPA WMMC Committee Chairman for Taxation
- A Committee Chairperson for Regulatory of Association of ACPACI
We can conduct in-house training for the above program, Common Errors of Accountants in the Field of Taxation, for your company to make it more customized to your requirements. Likewise, we can run other programs on Taxation & Accounting.
In the same vein, with our battery of seasoned Filipino trainers or speakers, training consultants and facilitators, we can conduct other employee development programs for your people configured to your preferences:
HUMAN RESOURCE or HR
- Basic and Advanced HR
- Recruitment or Talent Selection
- Training or Learning and Development
- Job Evaluation
- Employee Compensation and Benefits
- Labor Law 101
- Flexible Work Arrangements
- Company Policy
- Employee Discipline
- Administrative Hearing
- Job Contracting
- Basic Taxation
- All About VAT
- Withholding Taxes
- Tax Assessment
- Percentage Tax
- Legal Strategies to Reduce Tax
- Handling B.I.R. Audit
- Employee Benefits Tax
- Basic Accounting and Bookkeeping
- Understanding Financial Statements
- Strengthening Your Accounting Systems
- Internal Control
- Accounting for Non-Accountants
- Finance for Non-Financial Professionals
SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT
- Introduction to Materials Management
- Warehouse Management
- Inventory Planning and Control
- Modern Procurement
- Supply Management
LEADERSHIP, MANAGEMENT OR SUPERVISION
- Basic Leadership and Management Excellence
- Supervisory Leadership Development
- Developing Your Managerial Leadership
- How to Bring Out the Best in People
- Awaken the Sales Champion in You
- Professional Selling
- How to Handle Objections
- 39 Ways to Close More Sales
- Customer Service
- Telephone and Email Etiquette
- Top Techniques to improve Collection
- Work Attitude and Values Enhancement
POWERMAX WEBINARS. As a leading online corporate training provider in Manila, Philippines, Powermax currently offers live webinars which are designed to give you an incisive insight into a plethora of interesting and relevant topics using Zoom technology. It aims to uncork the latest updates, best practices, useful strategies, and tactics, and/or practical tips and techniques not just to widen your horizon but also to equip you with the essential knowledge and skills. Hopefully, this will also encourage you to register for the other webinars of Powermax. Just visit our site –www.powermax.ph to see our other webinars.
LIMITED SLOTS. Limited slots are available. To avoid last-minute delays and inconveniences, we advise you to please register at the latest two days or one day before the webinar event.
REGISTRATION. You must register or be registered by someone else to be able to join our webinars. Webinar access links are strictly sent through email therefore make sure you indicate the right email addresses for the participants. Please indicate how many participants you wish to include before hitting the REGISTER NOW button.
CHECK OUT. When you go to the Checkout Page, double-check the number of participants you have to register, if you change your mind or wish to make last-minute adjustments, do not forget to update your cart by clicking the UPDATE CART button. Once everything is final, you may now click the PROCEED TO CHECK OUT button.
BILLING DETAILS AND THE NAMES OF THE PARTICIPANTS. On the upper portion, you have to enter your details (esp. your email address) as the one paying for the registration. Underneath, you have to enter the details (esp. the email addresses) of the participants you wish to join the webinar.
POWERMAX provides three (3) payment options:
(1) Bank Deposit/Online Bank Transfer
(3) PayPal/Credit or Debit Card Through PayPal
Bank Deposit or Online Bank Transfer / G-Cash
If you choose Bank Deposit/Online Bank Transfer or G-Cash, you have to send the proof of payment to email@example.com.
IMPORTANT: Proof of payment must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Failure to send the proof of payment to email@example.com means the participants will not receive the webinar links even if the proof of payment is sent to other contact details of Powermax or its representatives (e.g., Facebook, Messenger, Viber, other email addresses, etc.).
Payment Through PayPal
If you choose to pay for your registration using PayPal you may do so. Please take note that PayPal also accepts Debit Cards and Credit Cards bearing the VISA and Mastercard logo. Unlike the Bank Deposit/Online Bank Transfer, the PayPal process automatically updates our system to issue the participants their access to our webinars.
WEBINAR ACCESS LINKS. Once payment is made and verified, we can activate the spot on the webinar then we can send the webinar access links to the email addresses of the participants – this only goes with Bank Deposit/Online Bank Transfer / G-Cash. However, for payments made using PayPal, the activation process is automatic. Note that your webinar access link cannot be shared with anyone else. If you cannot attend on the date and time of the webinar kindly advise us at the latest one day ahead.
POWERMAX WEBINARS. As a leading corporate training provider, Powermax currently offers live webinars which are designed to give you an incisive insight into a plethora of interesting and relevant topics using Zoom technology. It aims to uncork the latest updates, best practices, useful strategies, and tactics, and/or practical tips and techniques not just to widen your horizon but also to equip you with the essential knowledge and skills. Hopefully, this will also encourage you to register for the other webinars of Powermax. Just visit our site –www.powermax.ph to see our other webinars.
A PLEASANT WEBINAR EXPERIENCE
To ensure a pleasant webinar experience, we recommend to registrants to:
- Download and install the Zoom application beforehand
- Ensure that there is a proper internet WIFI connection
- Use a working webinar streaming device.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Definition of Terms
- REGISTRANT – The person who has registered himself or other people for a webinar of Powermax
- ENROLLEE(S) – The person(s) registered by the REGISTRANT
- PAID REGISTRANT – The registrant who has paid in full for the registration of the ENROLLEE(S)
- ATTENDEE(S) – The enrollee(s) who has / have actually attended the webinar
- The Official Receipts will be made available for pick up at the office of
Powermax Consulting Group. If you need a soft copy, we can take a picture of it and send you a copy online. However, if you want the physical copy delivered to your office, you can arrange with and pay for a local courier service like Lalamove or Grab Express.
- Sharing of the presentation materials depends on the webinar speaker.
(a) Some speakers willingly share their materials while others don’t.
(b) For the speakers who are willing to share their presentation materials
- Some prefer that the materials be sent in advance while others prefer that they be sent after the webinar
- Some prefer that the handouts to be given to the attendees are different from the PowerPoint files that they use and will not share the PPT files
Powermax cannot guarantee that the presentation materials of each webinar will be shared, or shared in advance, or will be the same as the PPT file of the speaker.
- By joining the webinar of Powermax, you consent to interviews, photography, chat recording, audio recording, video recording and its / their release, publication, exhibition, or reproduction to be used for news, web casts, testimonials or promotional purposes, telecasts, advertising, inclusion on web sites, or for any other purpose(s) that Powermax, its vendors, partners, affiliates and/or representatives deems fit to use. You release Powermax, its officers and employees, and each and all persons involved from any liability connected with the taking, recording, digitizing, or publication of interviews, photographs, computer images, video and/or or sound recordings.
- Attendees are not allowed to do any form of video, image or audio recording during the webinar unless with the express permission of the speaker and the management of Powermax Consulting Group.
- By entering the event premises (conference venue or Zoom meeting platform), you waive all rights to any claims for payment or royalties in connection with any exhibition, streaming, webcasting, televising, or other publication of these materials, regardless of the purpose or sponsoring of such exhibiting, broadcasting, webcasting, or other publication irrespective of whether a fee for admission or sponsorship is charged. You also waive any right to inspect or approve any photo, video, or audio recording taken.
- Your registration fee entitles your enrollee(s) to a slot in a webinar you have paid for but no record of the video of the webinar will be shared.
- If an enrollee fails to join the webinar because Powermax fails to give the webinar link, the payment of his / her REGISTRANT will be refunded in full or if the REGISTRANT prefers, the payment will be rolled over to other webinars of his / her choice.
- If an enrollee advises Powermax five (5) days before the scheduled date of the webinar that he / she cannot attend it, the payment for that slot will be rolled over to another webinar. But if he / she avails of the presentation materials of that webinar (assuming the speaker has shared the materials), the payment cannot be rolled over to another webinar.
- If an enrollee fails to attend a webinar and also fails to advise Powermax five (5) days before the scheduled date of the webinar, the presentation materials of that webinar (assuming the speaker has shared the materials) will be given to him / her but there will be no option for rollover.
- If an enrollee fails to attend a webinar because of a technical glitch on his / her device but other enrollees manage to join the said webinar, there will be no liability on the part of Powermax unless it can be established that there is a clear fault by a representative of Powermax.
- Certificates will be given to the ATTENDEES only.
- Questions or clarifications about the subject matter of a webinar can only be entertained by the speakers during the holding of the webinar. After the webinar, the speaker cannot be obliged to answer them though email, Facebook chat or some other means.
- Unless asked by the speaker or the host to talk, the attendees should not unmute their microphone to avoid distracting the session. Anyone who persists in unmuting his / her audio, despite the reminder or warning, will be removed from the webinar session.
- During the webinar, the ATTENDEES are not allowed to advertise any business competitive with the business of Powermax (seminars / webinars / events) or its sister company AGFI or Advertising and Gaming Fabrication, Inc. (signages, kiosks, podiums, gaming modules like tambiolo, roleta, pachinko; sticker and tarpaulin printing; and laser cutting)
- We want everyone to enjoy the webinar. However, we reserve the right to remove participants whose company or business competes with the business of Powermax or who are unruly or disruptive (e.g., keeps making noise, spamming the chat, etc.) and no refund will be made.
Thank you and enjoy!
Keep safe and God Bless!
₱1,699.00 + VAT
Common Errors of Accountants in the Field of Taxation
₱1,699.00 + VAT