Accounting For Non-Accountants
₱1,499.00 + VAT
Featured Speaker: Dr. Rufo R. Mendoza
Former Vice-Chair for Professional Regulatory Board of Accountancy
January 22, 2021
2:00pm – 5:00pm
Regular Rate Php 1,499.00 + VAT starting January 16, 2021
Early Bird Rate Php 1,399.00 + VAT until January 15, 2021
Group Rate Php 1,299.00 + VAT per pax for 5 or more pax
Inclusive of the Webinar Session and the Digital Certificate
ACCOUNTING FOR NON-ACCOUNTANTS
This webinar provides the foundation for understanding accounting as the language of business. It is designed primarily for individuals without accounting background but whose work requires an understanding of how business transactions are captured in accounting records and transformed into financial statements. The seminar covers the whole accounting cycle from transaction analysis to financial statement preparation.
Who Should Attend the Seminar?
- Entrepreneurs and business owners
- Business analysts and decision-makers
- Bookkeepers and accounting assistants
- Employees, officers, and managers of businesses
Outline of Topics
Session 1 – Accounting as the Language of Business
This session introduces accounting as the language of business. It clarifies the different types of business transactions that impact on the accounting process. Discussions will provide the participants with working knowledge on how accounting information could be used in various functions of the management, specifically in making business decisions.
- Business Transactions, Supporting Documents, and Books of Accounts
- The Accounting Process
- Types of Financial Information
- Business Decisions Derived from Accounting Information
- Accounting Information System Requirements
- Types of Business and Forms of Business Organizations
- The International Financial Reporting Landscape
Session 2 – Capturing Business Transactions in the Books of Accounts
This session covers the constructive phase of accounting and details the steps in the accounting cycles. The focus will be on the different books of accounts that should be maintained by an organization.
- Chart of Accounts
- Specialized Books of Accounts
- Need for Adjusting Entries
- Mandatory Accounting Procedures
Session 3 – The Structure and Contents of the Financial Statements
This session deals with the structure and contents of the balance sheet and income statement. It covers the classification of assets, liabilities, owners/shareholders’ equity, income or revenues, and expenses.
- Current and Non-Current Assets
- Current and Non-Current Liabilities
- Owners’ or Shareholders’ Equity
- Presentation of Income and Expenses
RESOURCE SPEAKER – Dr. Rufo R. Mendoza
- Dr. Rufo R. Mendoza was a member of the Professional Regulatory Board of Accountancy for seven years, where he was the Vice-Chair for three and a half years. He was also the Chair of the PRC’s Continuing Professional Development Council for Accountancy for five years. In his tenure in the BOA, he represented the country in the ASEAN Meetings of Professional Regulatory Authorities for the Mutual Recognition Arrangement on Accountancy Services. He was also the country’s delegate to the APEC Senior Officials Meeting in Accounting Services. He was PICPA’s national awardee as Outstanding CPA in Professional Development in 2008 and Outstanding CPA in Government Service in 2010.
- He has more than 20 years of experience in external audit and internal audit of private businesses. He has 15 years of extensive experience in consulting with international development organizations in the area of public financial management that covers the internal control system, risk management, and internal audit. He was Consultant at World Bank, UNDP, European Commission, Australian Agency for International Development, and United States Agency for International Development.
- He has a master’s degree in development management and a Ph.D. in community development and agribusiness management both from the University of the Philippines Los Baños, where he was awarded membership in three international honor societies.
- He taught in the graduate school of leading universities in the Philippines, including the Asian Institute of Management, Ateneo de Manila University’s School of Government, UP Open University, University of Philippine Los Baños, and De La Salle Lipa.
- Currently, he is a National Capacity Development Expert at the Asian Development Bank.
LIMITED SLOTS. Limited slots are available. To avoid last-minute delays and inconveniences, we advise you to please register at the latest two days or one day before the webinar event.
REGISTRATION. You must register or be registered by someone else to be able to join our webinars. Webinar access links are strictly sent through email therefore make sure you indicate the right email addresses for the participants. Please indicate how many participants you wish to include before hitting the REGISTER NOW button.
CHECK OUT. When you go to the Checkout Page, double-check the number of participants you have to register, if you change your mind or wish to make last-minute adjustments, do not forget to update your cart by clicking the UPDATE CART button. Once everything is final, you may now click the PROCEED TO CHECK OUT button.
BILLING DETAILS AND THE NAMES OF THE PARTICIPANTS. On the upper portion, you have to enter your details (esp. your email address) as the one paying for the registration. Underneath, you have to enter the details (esp. the email addresses) of the participants you wish to join the webinar.
POWERMAX provides three (3) payment options:
(1) Bank Deposit/Online Bank Transfer
(3) PayPal/Credit or Debit Card Through PayPal
Bank Deposit or Online Bank Transfer / G-Cash
If you choose Bank Deposit/Online Bank Transfer or G-Cash, you have to send the proof of payment to email@example.com.
IMPORTANT: Proof of payment must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Failure to send the proof of payment to email@example.com means the participants will not receive the webinar links even if the proof of payment is sent to other contact details of Powermax or its representatives (e.g., Facebook, Messenger, Viber, other email addresses, etc.).
Payment Through PayPal
If you choose to pay for your registration using PayPal you may do so. Please take note that PayPal also accepts Debit Cards and Credit Cards bearing the VISA and Mastercard logo. Unlike the Bank Deposit/Online Bank Transfer, the PayPal process automatically updates our system to issue the participants their access to our webinars.
WEBINAR ACCESS LINKS. Once payment is made and verified, we can activate the spot on the webinar then we can send the webinar access links to the email addresses of the participants – this only goes with Bank Deposit/Online Bank Transfer / G-Cash. However, for payments made using PayPal, the activation process is automatic. Note that your webinar access link cannot be shared with anyone else. If you cannot attend on the date and time of the webinar kindly advise us at the latest one day ahead.
POWER WEBINARS. Powermax live webinars are designed to give you an incisive insight into a plethora of interesting and relevant topics using Zoom technology. It aims to uncork the latest updates, best practices, useful strategies, and tactics, and/or practical tips and techniques not just to widen your horizon but also to equip you with the essential knowledge and skills. Hopefully, this will also encourage you to register for the other webinars of Powermax. Just visit our site – www.powermax.ph to see our other webinars.
A PLEASANT WEBINAR EXPERIENCE
To ensure a pleasant webinar experience, we recommend to registrants to:
- Download and install the Zoom application beforehand
- Ensure that there is a proper internet WIFI connection
- Use a working webinar streaming device.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Definition of Terms
- REGISTRANT – The person who has registered himself or other people for a webinar of Powermax
- ENROLLEE(S) – The person(s) registered by the REGISTRANT
- PAID REGISTRANT – The registrant who has paid in full for the registration of the ENROLLEE(S)
- ATTENDEE(S) – The enrollee(s) who has / have actually attended the webinar
- The Official Receipts will be made available for pick up at the office of
Powermax Consulting Group. If you need a soft copy, we can take a picture of it and send you a copy online. However, if you want the physical copy delivered to your office, you can arrange with and pay for a local courier service like Lalamove or Grab Express.
- Sharing of the presentation materials depends on the webinar speaker.
(a) Some speakers willingly share their materials while others don’t.
(b) For the speakers who are willing to share their presentation materials
- Some prefer that the materials be sent in advance while others prefer that they be sent after the webinar
- Some prefer that the handouts to be given to the attendees are different from the PowerPoint files that they use and will not share the PPT files
Powermax cannot guarantee that the presentation materials of each webinar will be shared, or shared in advance, or will be the same as the PPT file of the speaker.
- Any form of video, image or audio recording during the webinar is not allowed unless with the express permission of the speaker and the management of Powermax Consulting Group.
- Your registration fee entitles your enrollee(s) to a slot in a webinar you have paid for but no record of the video of the webinar will be given.
- If an enrollee fails to join the webinar because Powermax fails to give the webinar link, the payment of his / her REGISTRANT will be refunded in full or if the REGISTRANT prefers, the payment will be rolled over to other webinars of his / her choice.
- If an enrollee advises Powermax five (5) days before the scheduled date of the webinar that he / she cannot attend it, the payment for that slot will be rolled over to another webinar. But if he / she avails of the presentation materials of that webinar (assuming the speaker has shared the materials), the payment cannot be rolled over to another webinar.
- If an enrollee fails to attend a webinar and also fails to advise Powermax five (5) days before the scheduled date of the webinar, the presentation materials of that webinar (assuming the speaker has shared the materials) will be given to him / her but there will be no option for rollover.
- If an enrollee fails to attend a webinar because of a technical glitch on his / her device but other enrollees manage to join the said webinar, there will be no liability on the part of Powermax unless it can be established that there is a clear fault by a representative of Powermax.
- Certificates will be given to the ATTENDEES only.
- Questions or clarifications about the subject matter of a webinar can only be entertained by the speakers during the holding of the webinar. After the webinar, the speaker cannot be obliged to answer them through email, Facebook chat or some other means.
Thank you and enjoy!
Keep safe and God Bless!
₱1,499.00 + VAT
Accounting For Non-Accountants
₱1,499.00 + VAT