Featured Speaker: Jeff-Mike Smith Sule, CPA, CIA
Principal Auditor at American Data Exchange Company
October 26, 2023
2:00pm – 5:00pm
Regular Rate Php 1,699.00 + VAT starting October 20, 2023
Early Bird Rate Php 1,399.00 + VAT until October 19, 2023
Group Rate Php 1,299.00 + VAT per pax for 5 – 14 pax
Super Group Rate Php 1,099.00 + VAT per pax for 15 or more pax
Inclusive of the Webinar Session, the Presentation Materials and the Digital Certificate
Accounting and Bookkeeping Made Easy
For many business owners, while they love working in their chosen trade using the skills they know and love, they don’t always like to perform ‘bookkeeping’ duties. Most company owners prefer to employ the skills of a qualified bookkeeper. Some may, perhaps, prefer to give their bag‐full of receipts to their accountant and simply hope that a useful set of accounts comes out of the end of the accounting sausage machine!
Bookkeeping and Accounting has a language and method of operation all its own. Understanding that new language and operating under the rules of bookkeeping and accounting can be foreign to anyone who’s never been exposed to it before; it takes practice. In this workshop, participants will be introduced to the world of bookkeeping and given opportunities to practice the key concepts.
- Explain financial statements, with attention to detail, from accounting records for organizations
- List employment opportunities in many industries, including firms that provide accounting, bookkeeping, and payroll services; government; and schools
- Demonstrate basic math and computer skills, including knowledge of spreadsheets
- Describe how to become certified in areas of bookkeeping by being able to carry out all bookkeeping tasks, including overseeing payroll and balancing accounts, according to accepted accounting procedures
- Apply proper procedures for controlling an organization’s financial documentation and guard against misappropriation of its funds
- Describe how to use Excel to record, store, and analyze information
- Apply proper procedures for receiving and recording cash, checks, and vouchers in compliance with government and company policies, procedures, and regulations
- Create financial reports using Excel to complete bookkeeping tasks, ensure accuracy in receiving and recording payments, handle banking transactions, and monitor business accounts
- In business: stakeholders or the various users of financial statements including but not limited to business owners, partners, shareholders, management, investors, personnel from regulatory agencies, accountants, bookkeepers, and representatives from the collective bargaining unit.
- In the academe: business teachers and students
- In the public and private practice of accounting profession: auditors and financial statement compilers
Module 1: The Accounting Equation
- Identify the initial steps in the accounting equation.
- Explain the purpose and components of a balance sheet.
- Explain and apply the accounting equation.
- Prepare a balance sheet.
- Define the terms assets, liabilities, and owner’s equity, and explain how they apply to accounting.
Module 2: The Books of Accounting
- Explain the journal’s function in accounting.
- Identify the components of the journal.
- Record the opening entry in a journal.
- Identify the components of a ledger.
- Explain and use the steps for posting an entry.
- Post items in the ledger from the journal.
Module 3: Assets, Liabilities and Owner’s Equity
- Prepare a chart of accounts.
- Identify asset, liability, and owner’s equity accounts.
- Analyze and prepare journal entries.
- Post entries from the journal to the general ledger.
Module 4: Revenues, Expenses, and Trial Balance
- Debit and credit revenue accounts and expense accounts based on their relation to the owner’s equity section of the accounting equation.
- Analyze, organize, and post transactions by determining what accounts are involved, classifying them into asset, liability, revenue, or expense accounts, and then determining how the transactions affect the accounts used.
- Explain the purpose of a trial balance and prepare a trial balance.
Module 5: Financial Reports
- Prepare a worksheet.
- Prepare an income statement.
- Prepare a closing balance sheet and compare it with an opening balance sheet to determine the period’s changes.
- Distinguish between temporary and permanent accounts and explain the roles they play in the accounting cycle.
- Close the accounting records to summarize the activities of the period.
The course will be delivered through lecture and discussion using Microsoft PowerPoint and Excel. Participants should have their own laptops installed with Adobe Reader and Microsoft Excel to participate in the hands-on exercises.
RESOURCE SPEAKER: JEFF-MIKE SMITH SULE
Jeff-Mike Smith Sule is a national speaker on topics that involve external and internal audit, IT audit, real estate, and environmental planning, accounting and taxation, bookkeeping, business process management, and organizational transformation.
He graduated First Honorable Mention in secondary school and Magna Cum Laude in PUP-Manila with a bachelor’s degree in accountancy.
He worked as an IT and later on Financial Auditor at SGV and Co. Concurrent and after his stint at SGV, he has held various management position and become faculty member of various educational institutions such as Ateneo de Manila University, De La Salle University, Mapua, Far Eastern University, PCU and Polytechnic University of the Philippines. He was also an accreditor of the Association of Local Colleges and Universities
He also worked for ÆON Credit Service, under various management capacities: Internal Control Manager, Portfolio Manager and Internal Audit Manager. He is currently connected with American Data Exchange Company as a principal auditor while doing freelance consultancy engagements.
He is a Fellow of the Royal Institute of Accountants based in Singapore, a Certified Internal Auditor, a Scrum Fundamentals Certified, a Certified Bookkeeper under The Institute of Certified Bookkeepers based in the United Kingdom, holder of NCIII (National Certification in bookkeeping) under TESDA, and an Accredited Accounting Teacher and Accredited CPA in Commerce and Industry Practice. He has four active professional licenses under PRC, to wit, Certified Public Accountant, Real Estate Appraiser, Real Estate Broker, and Environmental Planner. He placed Top 7 and Top 2 in the 2010 CPA Licensure Examination and 2014 Real Estate Appraiser Licensure Examination, respectively.
We can conduct in-house training for the above program, Basic Accounting and Bookkeeping, for your company to make it more customized to your requirements. Likewise, we can run other programs on Tax and Accounting.
In the same vein, with our battery of seasoned Filipino trainers or speakers, training consultants and facilitators, we can conduct other employee development programs for your people configured to your preferences:
HUMAN RESOURCE or HR
- Basic and Advanced HR
- Recruitment or Talent Selection
- Training or Learning and Development
- Job Evaluation
- Employee Compensation and Benefits
- Labor Law 101
- Flexible Work Arrangements
- Company Policy
- Employee Discipline
- Administrative Hearing
- Job Contracting
- Basic Taxation
- All About VAT
- Withholding Taxes
- Tax Assessment
- Percentage Tax
- Legal Strategies to Reduce Tax
- Handling B.I.R. Audit
- Employee Benefits Tax
- Basic Accounting and Bookkeeping
- Understanding Financial Statements
- Strengthening Your Accounting Systems
- Internal Control
- Accounting for Non-Accountants
- Finance for Non-Financial Professionals
SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT
- Introduction to Materials Management
- Warehouse Management
- Inventory Planning and Control
- Modern Procurement
- Supply Management
LEADERSHIP, MANAGEMENT OR SUPERVISION
- Basic Leadership and Management Excellence
- Supervisory Leadership Development
- Developing Your Managerial Leadership
- How to Bring Out the Best in People
- Awaken the Sales Champion in You
- Professional Selling
- How to Handle Objections
- 39 Ways to Close More Sales
- Customer Service
- Telephone and Email Etiquette
- Top Techniques to improve Collection
- Work Attitude and Values Enhancement
POWERMAX WEBINARS. As a leading online corporate training provider in Manila, Philippines, Powermax currently offers live webinars which are designed to give you an incisive insight into a plethora of interesting and relevant topics using Zoom technology. It aims to uncork the latest updates, best practices, useful strategies, and tactics, and/or practical tips and techniques not just to widen your horizon but also to equip you with the essential knowledge and skills. Hopefully, this will also encourage you to register for the other webinars of Powermax. Just visit our site –www.powermax.ph to see our other webinars.
LIMITED SLOTS. Limited slots are available. To avoid last-minute delays and inconveniences, we advise you to please register at the latest two days or one day before the webinar event.
REGISTRATION. You must register or be registered by someone else to be able to join our webinars. Webinar access links are strictly sent through email therefore make sure you indicate the right email addresses for the participants. Please indicate how many participants you wish to include before hitting the REGISTER NOW button.
CHECK OUT. When you go to the Checkout Page, double-check the number of participants you have to register, if you change your mind or wish to make last-minute adjustments, do not forget to update your cart by clicking the UPDATE CART button. Once everything is final, you may now click the PROCEED TO CHECK OUT button.
BILLING DETAILS AND THE NAMES OF THE PARTICIPANTS. On the upper portion, you have to enter your details (esp. your email address) as the one paying for the registration. Underneath, you have to enter the details (esp. the email addresses) of the participants you wish to join the webinar.
POWERMAX provides three (3) payment options:
(1) Bank Deposit/Online Bank Transfer
(3) PayPal/Credit or Debit Card Through PayPal
Bank Deposit or Online Bank Transfer / G-Cash
If you choose Bank Deposit/Online Bank Transfer or G-Cash, you have to send the proof of payment to firstname.lastname@example.org.
IMPORTANT: Proof of payment must be sent to email@example.com. Failure to send the proof of payment to firstname.lastname@example.org means the participants will not receive the webinar links even if the proof of payment is sent to other contact details of Powermax or its representatives (e.g., Facebook, Messenger, Viber, other email addresses, etc.).
Payment Through PayPal
If you choose to pay for your registration using PayPal you may do so. Please take note that PayPal also accepts Debit Cards and Credit Cards bearing the VISA and Mastercard logo. Unlike the Bank Deposit/Online Bank Transfer, the PayPal process automatically updates our system to issue the participants their access to our webinars.
WEBINAR ACCESS LINKS. Once payment is made and verified, we can activate the spot on the webinar then we can send the webinar access links to the email addresses of the participants – this only goes with Bank Deposit/Online Bank Transfer / G-Cash. However, for payments made using PayPal, the activation process is automatic. Note that your webinar access link cannot be shared with anyone else. If you cannot attend on the date and time of the webinar kindly advise us at the latest one day ahead.
POWER WEBINARS. Powermax live webinars are designed to give you an incisive insight into a plethora of interesting and relevant topics using Zoom technology. It aims to uncork the latest updates, best practices, useful strategies, and tactics, and/or practical tips and techniques not just to widen your horizon but also to equip you with the essential knowledge and skills. Hopefully, this will also encourage you to register for the other webinars of Powermax. Just visit our site – www.powermax.ph to see our other webinars.
A PLEASANT WEBINAR EXPERIENCE
To ensure a pleasant webinar experience, we recommend to registrants to:
- Download and install the Zoom application beforehand
- Ensure that there is a proper internet WIFI connection
- Use a working webinar streaming device.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Definition of Terms
- REGISTRANT – The person who has registered himself or other people for a webinar of Powermax
- ENROLLEE(S) – The person(s) registered by the REGISTRANT
- PAID REGISTRANT – The registrant who has paid in full for the registration of the ENROLLEE(S)
- ATTENDEE(S) – The enrollee(s) who has / have actually attended the webinar
- The Official Receipts will be made available for pick up at the office of
Powermax Consulting Group. If you need a soft copy, we can take a picture of it and send you a copy online. However, if you want the physical copy delivered to your office, you can arrange with and pay for a local courier service like Lalamove or Grab Express.
- Sharing of the presentation materials depends on the webinar speaker.
(a) Some speakers willingly share their materials while others don’t.
(b) For the speakers who are willing to share their presentation materials
- Some prefer that the materials be sent in advance while others prefer that they be sent after the webinar
- Some prefer that the handouts to be given to the attendees are different from the PowerPoint files that they use and will not share the PPT files
Powermax cannot guarantee that the presentation materials of each webinar will be shared, or shared in advance, or will be the same as the PPT file of the speaker.
- By joining the webinar of Powermax, you consent to interviews, photography, audio recording, video recording and its / their release, publication, exhibition, or reproduction to be used for news, web casts, promotional purposes, telecasts, advertising, inclusion on web sites, or for any other purpose(s) that Powermax, its vendors, partners, affiliates and/or representatives deems fit to use. You release Powermax, its officers and employees, and each and all persons involved from any liability connected with the taking, recording, digitizing, or publication of interviews, photographs, computer images, video and/or or sound recordings.Any form of video, image or audio recording during the webinar is not allowed unless with the express permission of the speaker and the management of Powermax Consulting Group.
- By entering the event premises (conference venue or Zoom meeting platform), you waive all rights to any claims for payment or royalties in connection with any exhibition, streaming, webcasting, televising, or other publication of these materials, regardless of the purpose or sponsoring of such exhibiting, broadcasting, webcasting, or other publication irrespective of whether a fee for admission or sponsorship is charged. You also waive any right to inspect or approve any photo, video, or audio recording taken.
- Any form of video, image or audio recording during the webinar is not allowed unless with the express permission of the speaker and the management of Powermax Consulting Group.
- Your registration fee entitles your enrollee(s) to a slot in a webinar you have paid for but no record of the video of the webinar will be shared.
- If an enrollee fails to join the webinar because Powermax fails to give the webinar link, the payment of his / her REGISTRANT will be refunded in full or if the REGISTRANT prefers, the payment will be rolled over to other webinars of his / her choice.
- If an enrollee advises Powermax five (5) days before the scheduled date of the webinar that he / she cannot attend it, the payment for that slot will be rolled over to another webinar. But if he / she avails of the presentation materials of that webinar (assuming the speaker has shared the materials), the payment cannot be rolled over to another webinar.
- If an enrollee fails to attend a webinar and also fails to advise Powermax five (5) days before the scheduled date of the webinar, the presentation materials of that webinar (assuming the speaker has shared the materials) will be given to him / her but there will be no option for rollover.
- If an enrollee fails to attend a webinar because of a technical glitch on his / her device but other enrollees manage to join the said webinar, there will be no liability on the part of Powermax unless it can be established that there is a clear fault by a representative of Powermax.
- Certificates will be given to the ATTENDEES only.
- Questions or clarifications about the subject matter of a webinar can only be entertained by the speakers during the holding of the webinar. After the webinar, the speaker cannot be obliged to answer them though email, Facebook chat or some other means.
- Unless asked by the speaker or the host to talk, the attendees should not unmute their microphone to avoid distracting the session. Anyone who persists in unmuting his / her audio, despite the reminder or warning, will be removed from the webinar session.
- During the webinar, the ATTENDEES are not allowed to advertise any business competitive with the business of Powermax (seminars / webinars / events) or its sister company AGFI or Advertising and Gaming Fabrication, Inc. (signages, kiosks, podiums, gaming modules like tambiolo, roleta, pachinko; sticker and tarpaulin printing; and laser cutting)
- We want everyone to enjoy the webinar. However, we reserve the right to remove participants who are unruly or disruptive (e.g., keeps making noise, spamming the chat, etc.) and no refund will be made.
Thank you and enjoy!
Keep safe and God Bless!