Featured Speaker: Jeff-Mike Smith Sule, CPA, CIA
October 25, 2022
2:00pm – 5:00pm
Regular Rate Php 1,699.00 + VAT starting October 19, 2022
Early Bird Rate Php 1,399.00 + VAT until October 18, 2022
Group Rate Php 1,299.00 + VAT per pax for 5 – 14 pax
Super Group Rate Php 1,099.00 + VAT per pax for 15 or more pax
Inclusive of the Webinar Session and the Digital Certificate
EXCEL FOR ACCOUNTING AND FINANCE
Accounting and finance management is immensely important in navigating a business. If you are in the accounting or finance profession, you know how much analysis you need to do to understand each element or aspect of it. Excel for Accounting and Finance masterclass will not only let the participants master MS Excel but also learn to use the material in improving their careers.
- Develop a “toolkit” of Excel tips and techniques
- Sensitize and stress test Excel outputs from models
- Problem solve within an Excel environment
- Analyze large volumes of data
- Rank data and analyze large data volumes
- Data mine large data volumes and analyze
- Confidently use Excel’s keyboard shortcuts to improve their speed and efficiency
- Confidently develop Excel formulae in order to build robust solutions
- Quickly and consistently format presentation-quality spreadsheets
WHO SHOULD PARTICIPATE:
Running the show in accounting or finance for a long time (or maybe for a few years), Accounting and Finance professionals know what role MS Excel plays in getting things right. Participating in this workshop may act as a refresher and participants may also learn a thing or two about the spreadsheet management.
KEY TOPICS / TOPIC OUTLINE
Expectation Setting: Course, Trainer/Facilitator, Co-Participants, Self
Setting The Goal
- Vision, Mission, Goals
- Needs Assessment
Internal Mission Statement
- Idealization (Where do we want to go?)
Module 1: Get Quicker, Faster
- Setting up your profile
- Building your own quick access toolbar
- Calculation options
- Keyboard shortcuts (to make you 8 times faster)
- Highlight and moving data
- Spreadsheet manipulation
- Print set up for perfect printing
- Exercise: a keyboard shortcut exercise fixing errors on a spreadsheet without use of a mouse
Module 2: Efficient Presentation Protocols
- Inputs vs. formulae
- PDF document tricks for efficient data extraction into Excel
- Customizing numbers (percentages, multiples, dates, thousands, millions, etc)
- Styles – the quick way to format and create formats that can be used again and again and again
- Building and developing a style template
- Merger styles between models
- Exercise: a format exercise with data
Module 3: Building Flexible Formulas in Excel
- Relative vs. Absolute referencing
- Using names to increase formula efficiency
- Creating cell and range names
- Applying and redefining names
- Naming conventions
- Exercise: code a revenue matrix using relative and absolute formulae
- Logical statements
- IF, AND, OR functions
- Advanced logicals with flags
- Formula layout to simplify
- Snapping formulae (Alt-Enter)
- Data management and analysis within Excel
- Data sorting and filtering
- MAX, MIN, AVERAGE
- SUMIF, COUNTIF
- “Wild-card” SUMIF, COUNTIF
- Data mining in Excel
- INDEX (MATCH)
- 10.Exercise: Excel skills will be developed that will allow attendees to analyze, rank and disaggregate large volumes of data
- Working with text and dates in Excel
- Text strings (dynamic text)
- TEXT functions
- 12.Building diagnostics into your model to monitor and sanity checks outputs
- 13.Working with circularity in Excel
- 14.Conditional formatting – uses and dangers
- 15.Auditing tools
Module 4: Building Flexible Charts in Excel
- Chart set ups
- Chart formatting
- Dynamic labels
- Building bridge charts
Module 5: Spreadsheet Debugging Skills
- Building diagnostics into models
- Auditing skills
- Watch windows
- Using the camera
- Link elimination
- Circularity issues
- Unnecessary macro creation
- F5 functionality
- Exercise: using Excel skills attendees will fix and eliminate Excel errors and present the spreadsheet in a professional format
Module 6: Analyzing the Output
- Sensitivity analysis in Excel
- Techniques to minimize memory usage
- Self centering data tables
- Exercise: building data tables that sensitizes outputs and includes built in diagnostics to ensure that the data remains up-to-date
- Pivot tables
- Paste linking to Power Point
- Illustration case study: formatting, analyzing and evaluating large data sets, bringing together all of the skills covered over the two days
Setting The Goal
- Organizational Situationer
- Idealization (Where do we want to go?)
Open Forum | Question & Answer
Instructional Methods / Methodology: The course will be delivered through lecture and discussion using Microsoft Powerpoint and whiteboard. Spot recitations and group activities will be made throughout the duration of the seminar.
RESOURCE SPEAKER: JEFF-MIKE SMITH SULE
Jeff-Mike Smith Sule is a national speaker on topics that involve external and internal audit, IT audit, real estate, and environmental planning, accounting and taxation, bookkeeping, business process management, and organizational transformation.
He graduated First Honorable Mention in secondary school and Magna Cum Laude in PUP-Manila with a bachelor’s degree in accountancy.
He worked as an IT and later on Financial Auditor at SGV and Co. Concurrent and after his stint at SGV, he has held various management position and become faculty member of various educational institutions such as ADMU, DLSU, Mapua, FEU, PCU and PUP. He was also an accreditor of the Assoc. of Local Colleges and Univ.
He also worked for ÆON Credit Service, under various management capacity: Internal Control Manager, Portfolio Manager and Internal Audit Manager. He is currently connected with American Data Exchange Company as a principal auditor while doing freelance consultancy engagements.
He is a Fellow of the Royal Institute of Accountants based in Singapore, a Certified Internal Auditor, a Scrum Fundamentals Certified, a Certified Bookkeeper under The Institute of Certified Bookkeepers based in United Kingdom, holder of NCIII (National Certification in bookkeeping) under TESDA, and an Accredited Accounting Teacher and Accredited CPA in Commerce and Industry Practice. He has four active professional licenses under PRC, to wit, Certified Public Accountant, Real Estate Appraiser, Real Estate Broker, and Environmental Planner. He placed Top 7 and Top 2 in the 2010 CPA Licensure Examination and 2014 Real Estate Appraiser Licensure Examination, respectively.
We can conduct in-house training for the above program, Proper Handling of Books of Accounts and Other Accounting Records, for your company to make it more customized to your requirements. Likewise, we can run other programs on Accounting.
In the same vein, with our battery of seasoned Filipino trainers or speakers, training consultants and facilitators, we can conduct other employee development programs for your people configured to your preferences:
HUMAN RESOURCE or HR
- Basic and Advanced HR
- Recruitment or Talent Selection
- Training or Learning and Development
- Job Evaluation
- Employee Compensation and Benefits
- Labor Law 101
- Flexible Work Arrangements
- Company Policy
- Employee Discipline
- Administrative Hearing
- Job Contracting
- Basic Taxation
- All About VAT
- Withholding Taxes
- Tax Assessment
- Percentage Tax
- Legal Strategies to Reduce Tax
- Handling B.I.R. Audit
- Employee Benefits Tax
- Basic Accounting and Bookkeeping
- Understanding Financial Statements
- Strengthening Your Accounting Systems
- Internal Control
- Accounting for Non-Accountants
- Finance for Non-Financial Professionals
SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT
- Introduction to Materials Management
- Warehouse Management
- Inventory Planning and Control
- Modern Procurement
- Supply Management
LEADERSHIP, MANAGEMENT OR SUPERVISION
- Basic Leadership and Management Excellence
- Supervisory Leadership Development
- Developing Your Managerial Leadership
- How to Bring Out the Best in People
- Awaken the Sales Champion in You
- Professional Selling
- How to Handle Objections
- 39 Ways to Close More Sales
- Customer Service
- Telephone and Email Etiquette
- Top Techniques to improve Collection
- Work Attitude and Values Enhancement
POWERMAX WEBINARS. As a leading online corporate training provider in Manila, Philippines, Powermax currently offers live webinars which are designed to give you an incisive insight into a plethora of interesting and relevant topics using Zoom technology. It aims to uncork the latest updates, best practices, useful strategies, and tactics, and/or practical tips and techniques not just to widen your horizon but also to equip you with the essential knowledge and skills. Hopefully, this will also encourage you to register for the other webinars of Powermax. Just visit our site –www.powermax.ph to see our other webinars.
LIMITED SLOTS. Limited slots are available. To avoid last-minute delays and inconveniences, we advise you to please register at the latest two days or one day before the webinar event.
REGISTRATION. You must register or be registered by someone else to be able to join our webinars. Webinar access links are strictly sent through email therefore make sure you indicate the right email addresses for the participants. Please indicate how many participants you wish to include before hitting the REGISTER NOW button.
CHECK OUT. When you go to the Checkout Page, double-check the number of participants you have to register, if you change your mind or wish to make last-minute adjustments, do not forget to update your cart by clicking the UPDATE CART button. Once everything is final, you may now click the PROCEED TO CHECK OUT button.
BILLING DETAILS AND THE NAMES OF THE PARTICIPANTS. On the upper portion, you have to enter your details (esp. your email address) as the one paying for the registration. Underneath, you have to enter the details (esp. the email addresses) of the participants you wish to join the webinar.
POWERMAX provides three (3) payment options:
(1) Bank Deposit/Online Bank Transfer
(3) PayPal/Credit or Debit Card Through PayPal
Bank Deposit or Online Bank Transfer / G-Cash
If you choose Bank Deposit/Online Bank Transfer or G-Cash, you have to send the proof of payment to email@example.com.
IMPORTANT: Proof of payment must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Failure to send the proof of payment to email@example.com means the participants will not receive the webinar links even if the proof of payment is sent to other contact details of Powermax or its representatives (e.g., Facebook, Messenger, Viber, other email addresses, etc.).
Payment Through PayPal
If you choose to pay for your registration using PayPal you may do so. Please take note that PayPal also accepts Debit Cards and Credit Cards bearing the VISA and Mastercard logo. Unlike the Bank Deposit/Online Bank Transfer, the PayPal process automatically updates our system to issue the participants their access to our webinars.
WEBINAR ACCESS LINKS. Once payment is made and verified, we can activate the spot on the webinar then we can send the webinar access links to the email addresses of the participants – this only goes with Bank Deposit/Online Bank Transfer / G-Cash. However, for payments made using PayPal, the activation process is automatic. Note that your webinar access link cannot be shared with anyone else. If you cannot attend on the date and time of the webinar kindly advise us at the latest one day ahead.
POWERMAX WEBINARS. As a leading corporate training provider, Powermax currently offers live webinars which are designed to give you an incisive insight into a plethora of interesting and relevant topics using Zoom technology. It aims to uncork the latest updates, best practices, useful strategies, and tactics, and/or practical tips and techniques not just to widen your horizon but also to equip you with the essential knowledge and skills. Hopefully, this will also encourage you to register for the other webinars of Powermax. Just visit our site –www.powermax.ph to see our other webinars.
A PLEASANT WEBINAR EXPERIENCE
To ensure a pleasant webinar experience, we recommend to registrants to:
- Download and install the Zoom application beforehand
- Ensure that there is a proper internet WIFI connection
- Use a working webinar streaming device.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Definition of Terms
- REGISTRANT – The person who has registered himself or other people for a webinar of Powermax
- ENROLLEE(S) – The person(s) registered by the REGISTRANT
- PAID REGISTRANT – The registrant who has paid in full for the registration of the ENROLLEE(S)
- ATTENDEE(S) – The enrollee(s) who has / have actually attended the webinar
- The Official Receipts will be made available for pick up at the office of
Powermax Consulting Group. If you need a soft copy, we can take a picture of it and send you a copy online. However, if you want the physical copy delivered to your office, you can arrange with and pay for a local courier service like Lalamove or Grab Express.
- Sharing of the presentation materials depends on the webinar speaker.
(a) Some speakers willingly share their materials while others don’t.
(b) For the speakers who are willing to share their presentation materials
- Some prefer that the materials be sent in advance while others prefer that they be sent after the webinar
- Some prefer that the handouts to be given to the attendees are different from the PowerPoint files that they use and will not share the PPT files
Powermax cannot guarantee that the presentation materials of each webinar will be shared, or shared in advance, or will be the same as the PPT file of the speaker.
- By joining the webinar of Powermax, you consent to interviews, photography, chat recording, audio recording, video recording and its / their release, publication, exhibition, or reproduction to be used for news, web casts, testimonials or promotional purposes, telecasts, advertising, inclusion on web sites, or for any other purpose(s) that Powermax, its vendors, partners, affiliates and/or representatives deems fit to use. You release Powermax, its officers and employees, and each and all persons involved from any liability connected with the taking, recording, digitizing, or publication of interviews, photographs, computer images, video and/or or sound recordings.
- Attendees are not allowed to do any form of video, image or audio recording during the webinar unless with the express permission of the speaker and the management of Powermax Consulting Group.
- By entering the event premises (conference venue or Zoom meeting platform), you waive all rights to any claims for payment or royalties in connection with any exhibition, streaming, webcasting, televising, or other publication of these materials, regardless of the purpose or sponsoring of such exhibiting, broadcasting, webcasting, or other publication irrespective of whether a fee for admission or sponsorship is charged. You also waive any right to inspect or approve any photo, video, or audio recording taken.
- Your registration fee entitles your enrollee(s) to a slot in a webinar you have paid for but no record of the video of the webinar will be shared.
- If an enrollee fails to join the webinar because Powermax fails to give the webinar link, the payment of his / her REGISTRANT will be refunded in full or if the REGISTRANT prefers, the payment will be rolled over to other webinars of his / her choice.
- If an enrollee advises Powermax five (5) days before the scheduled date of the webinar that he / she cannot attend it, the payment for that slot will be rolled over to another webinar. But if he / she avails of the presentation materials of that webinar (assuming the speaker has shared the materials), the payment cannot be rolled over to another webinar.
- If an enrollee fails to attend a webinar and also fails to advise Powermax five (5) days before the scheduled date of the webinar, the presentation materials of that webinar (assuming the speaker has shared the materials) will be given to him / her but there will be no option for rollover.
- If an enrollee fails to attend a webinar because of a technical glitch on his / her device but other enrollees manage to join the said webinar, there will be no liability on the part of Powermax unless it can be established that there is a clear fault by a representative of Powermax.
- Certificates will be given to the ATTENDEES only.
- Questions or clarifications about the subject matter of a webinar can only be entertained by the speakers during the holding of the webinar. After the webinar, the speaker cannot be obliged to answer them though email, Facebook chat or some other means.
- Unless asked by the speaker or the host to talk, the attendees should not unmute their microphone to avoid distracting the session. Anyone who persists in unmuting his / her audio, despite the reminder or warning, will be removed from the webinar session.
- During the webinar, the ATTENDEES are not allowed to advertise any business competitive with the business of Powermax (seminars/webinars / events) or its sister company AGFI or Advertising and Gaming Fabrication, Inc. (signages, kiosks, podiums, gaming modules like tambiolo, roleta, pachinko; sticker and tarpaulin printing; and laser cutting)
- We want everyone to enjoy the webinar. However, we reserve the right to remove participants whose company or business competes with the business of Powermax or who are unruly or disruptive (e.g., keeps making noise, spamming the chat, etc.) and no refund will be made.
Thank you and enjoy!
Keep safe and God Bless!